New graphics card wont display (no onboard graphics output)

Jul 11, 2018
I'm installing a new Gigabyte Gaming RX 580 graphics card. I previously had GTX 550ti SLI. Before installing the new card I removed all the nvidia drivers then shut down. Swaped the cards out then started the computer and nothing is output to my monitor. It says it is receiving no signal.

The cards is connected securely to 6 + 2 pci-e connectors. The monitor is connected via DVI securely. The Graphics card lights up it's stupid RGB lights. I've re-seated the graphics card to try and fix it but nothing. I've swaped back in one of my old GTX 550ti and it works fine, then removed the nvidia drivers again and tried the RX 580 again and it still doesn't work. When I shut the computer down while it's not displaying it shutsdown instantly, indicating it likely didn't boot in to windows 7.

I read that I may need to connect the monitor to my motherboard to fix it, but my motherboard does not have graphics output. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-X79-UD7 from 2012. I also read that I may need to update my BIOS, but I others say thats a really bad idea. I have the bios version "F10" and the only version above that are "beta" and only from year later.

I also have an Antex HCG-900 900w PSU incase it may be a power issue.

And ideas on what I should do next?

Update:
I took the card back to the shop. They tested the card and it seemed to be working, but then they couldn't get it working in my rig. I handed it over to them for the week to sort out. They said that it was the ports on the card weren't working properly and just ordered a new card and put that it. Seems to be working fine now.