[SOLVED] New Graphics Card

FirePots

Prominent
Oct 25, 2019
I'm planning on getting a new graphics card, and I just have a few questions on how MSI Afterburner would work.

1. Would I have to manually change the settings, would my settings currently be ok, or would it automatically reset?

2. Should I change them prior of getting a new graphics card?

3. Should I delete MSI Afterburner?

4. Lastly, would MSI Afterburner mess up getting a new graphics card?

Thank you to whoever replies!

Solution
1)It's entirely optional.

Manually applied settings automatically reset every time you close the app or shut down, except when you enable the option to apply any overclock settings upon startup - don't.

2)It's entirely optional.

3)It's entirely optional.

4)No. Nvidia set very conservative limits on their graphics cards, so it's pretty much impossible to kill it with that kind of software. I can't really speak for AMD gpus because I'm not too familiar with them, but I'd imagine it would be something similar.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Manually applied settings automatically reset every time you close the app or shut down, except when you enable the option to apply any overclock settings upon startup - don't.

4)No. Nvidia set very conservative limits on their graphics cards, so it's pretty much impossible to kill it with that kind of software. I can't really speak for AMD gpus because I'm not too familiar with them, but I'd imagine it would be something similar.

Solution

FirePots

Prominent
Oct 25, 2019

I appreciate the help, thank you!