[SOLVED] New GT 1030 No signal/Blank screen

Patrik Knolyn

Reputable
Apr 9, 2017
So i bought a new GT 1030 GDDR5 2GB and i ran into a problem because i only receive a blank signal whenever i open my pc i do a clean uninstall of a old driver and im sure that my cords that are connected on my gpu is 100% working fine and i tried it on my friends motherboard and it worked bot hdmi and dvi ports are working fine and i dont really know what to do please help btw my friends motherboard is gigabyte a68hm

My specs:
Motherboard: asrock 880gm le-fx
Ram: 2x4gb crucial ddr3
GPU: GT 1030
PSU: 760watts
CPU: anthlonII X2 dual core

Solution
So i bought a new GT 1030 GDDR5 2GB and i ran into a problem because i only receive a blank signal whenever i open my pc i do a clean uninstall of a old driver and im sure that my cords that are connected on my gpu is 100% working fine and i tried it on my friends motherboard and it worked bot hdmi and dvi ports are working fine and i dont really know what to do please help btw my friends motherboard is gigabyte a68hm

My specs:

check you bios and see if your using display internal or pcie.

4745454b

Titan
I'm assuming you also have an old monitor with only a VGA input and you are using a DVI to VGA or HDMI to VGA adapter? If so that's your problem. The 1030 doesn't have any analog outputs so you need an ACTIVE adapter to make it work.

"760W" PSU? FYI, that's a garbage PSU. It will power your dual core CPU and low end GPU just fine. But I wouldn't put a lot of stress on it. I know of zero good 760W PSUs. Every "760W" PSU I know of is really a low end ~450W unit that will fail on you if you try to use that 450W. I'd replace that when you can.

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018

My specs:

check you bios and see if your using display internal or pcie.

Solution

Patrik Knolyn

Reputable
Apr 9, 2017
I'm assuming you also have an old monitor with only a VGA input and you are using a DVI to VGA or HDMI to VGA adapter? If so that's your problem. The 1030 doesn't have any analog outputs so you need an ACTIVE adapter to make it work.

"760W" PSU? FYI, that's a garbage PSU. It will power your dual core CPU and low end GPU just fine. But I wouldn't put a lot of stress on it. I know of zero good 760W PSUs. Every "760W" PSU I know of is really a low end ~450W unit that will fail on you if you try to use that 450W. I'd replace that when you can.

My monitor is Viewsonic VA1903a and it has only vga so i use a active adapter vga to hdmi cable and yes i have a cell760gt psu i know its kinda cheap but i think that is not the problem.

Patrik Knolyn

Reputable
Apr 9, 2017
Are you 110% positive that adapter is active? Again, if it's not then it's not going to work. 90% of the time when someone comes in here and says what you say, it's the adapter. I already knew you were on VGA. hint hint.

Yeah im sure its a active adapter that im using and i test it on someons pc and its working very fine with the active adapte i used the same cord and adapter