new gtx 970 suddenly undetected

Nazrul_1

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
Hi. So I upgraded a hp z400 a while back changing the gpu to a 970 using a separate power supply. It works fine for 2-3 weeks but suddenly the gpu is undetected although the light from the gpu seems to lights up as well as the display.

In device manager it only shows the mobo gpu running and doesn't seem to detect the gpu although the display runs fine.

The last thing I did on the pc was install some updates for windows and NVidia drivers. I am still running windows 7 currently. After the update I run an update for NVidia drivers. This is when the issues begin to happen. The update failed a couple of times until I cancelled the update and turned off the PC.

The next time I turned it on, the display resolution suddenly changes and I realized that the gpu is no longer detected. Even the previous driver seems to be missing due to the previous failed installation.

The gpu might had been undetected after the windows 7 update although I'm not sure. I'm lost on what to do now since I'm not that sure on BIOS etc

Nazrul_1

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
After a while thinkering with the updates etc, I decided to fully uninstall all driver update as well as removing the antivirus. Restart and reinstall the driver did the trick and fix the problem.