New hardware, No signal, Need help

jawsinstl

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
I was really hoping I wouldn't have to post a help ad, but after 4 hours of troubleshooting, researching, breaking down my build and rebuilding it again, here I am. Hoping for some help.

I have recently purchased all new equipment from Micro Center to start a mining rig build and cannot get any signal to display on my screen. My hardware:
I have a monitor that has DVI and VGA input - no HDMI
ASUS B250 Mining Expert - has HDMI port 1151 Chipset
G3450 LGA1151 Pentiuim CPU and stock fan
1200W Platinum EVGA PSU
2 4GB sticks GEIL EvoPotential DDR4 RAM
120 GB Inland Professional 2.5" SATA 6GB/s
Power switch
ASUS ROG Strix 1070ti GPU
006c powered risers using 6pin to SATA connector

That is everything plugged into the Mobo for now. I also have additional hardware to use:
another 1200W platinum EVGA PSU
4 more ASUS ROG Strix 1070ti 8GB
6 AMD cards (various)

It was my own oversight not looking into the monitor connections, but when I tried to hook up the HDMI from my Mobo straight to a TV, no signal was received for me to get to BIOS. I also tried Mobo to a laptop, hoping I could use it as a display only. No dice.
I then plugged in the 1070ti using my 006c powered riser and attached the 8pin power as well. The PCIe was connected to the #1 slot, closest to the CPU. I connected the HDMI from the GPU to the TV. No signal. GPU to laptop. No signal.
I then read and viewed online help guides suggesting to directly connect the GPU to the PCIe x16 slot. I did that. Same no signal results.

When I power my rig on, The CPU fan starts, and the GPU lights up and fans run.

My connected 120GB SSD is also connected, but does not have an OS on it yet. I was going to get into BIOS first and then load Windows 10 from a bootable USB 3.0 32 GB drive.

The HDMI cable i'm using works, It is the same one that I use for my gaming console.
Based on that info, what am I missing? I feel like I shouldn't have to go buy a monitor with an HDMI input just to get the Mobo to post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
JAWS

Solution
Hey Everyone,
Remember that time when I posted a help ad? Well I'm an idiot. I didn't connect the secondary power supply to the motherboard. /facepalm
Move along. Nothing to see here.

jawsinstl

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
Hey Everyone,
Remember that time when I posted a help ad? Well I'm an idiot. I didn't connect the secondary power supply to the motherboard. /facepalm
Move along. Nothing to see here.

Solution