New HDD, fresh windows install, getting error "ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY"

Jun 23, 2018
Hey everyone,

I've been trying to setup my old PC for my father, bought a brand new HDD and Windows 8.

I'm able to boot the PC and go through the windows installation, once it's done, it restarts.

Upon restarting, it says "Getting devices ready". Once It reaches 100%, I get a blue screen with this error: "ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY".

I thought maybe one of my memory sticks were defective, removed one, proceeded to re-install windows, same error. I then swap the memory stick with the other one, same error.

Now I'm not sure exactly what's wrong with it, I've read that this error can happen if there's a problem with the drivers? but the HDD is brand new, there's no drivers installed on it just yet.

Does anyone have a solution for this?
Thanks.

Solution
Do you have latest BIOS for motherboard?
Does PC have any LAN cards installed in it? Try removing it and unplug any extra USB devices while installing

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/0de6a014-5d9a-4430-96c3-777b8beac46e/clean-install-of-windows-8-crashing-with-bsod-quotattempted-execute-of-noexecute-memoryquot?forum=w8itproinstall

boot from installer, on screen after language choice, choose "repair this PC", not install
this loads windows recovery environement
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
navigate to c drive
look in C:\windows folder
copy the windows.dmp file to another USB stick
upload that to a file sharing web site and show a link here, we swill ee what we can find

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have latest BIOS for motherboard?
Does PC have any LAN cards installed in it? Try removing it and unplug any extra USB devices while installing

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/0de6a014-5d9a-4430-96c3-777b8beac46e/clean-install-of-windows-8-crashing-with-bsod-quotattempted-execute-of-noexecute-memoryquot?forum=w8itproinstall

boot from installer, on screen after language choice, choose "repair this PC", not install
this loads windows recovery environement
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
navigate to c drive
look in C:\windows folder
copy the windows.dmp file to another USB stick
upload that to a file sharing web site and show a link here, we swill ee what we can find

Solution
Jun 23, 2018

I do have the latest BIOS, and I do have a LAN card installed, plus a Wi-Fi USB adapter inside my PC, which I didn't think to try and remove before the installation.

I won't have access to the computer for a while, but I forwarded your solution to my father, who said he'd check it out and get back to me soon.

Hopefully this fixes it, I'm not sure how long he's gonna take to do it but I'll keep you posted, thanks!