[SOLVED] New headset for music/gaming

Sonny1989

Reputable
Feb 1, 2020
Hi, after 6-7 years my Logitech g35 gave up on me. I am looking for a headset which is going to be used for listening to music and gaming.
When it comes to music, I have to say the g35 were barely average so I would like to get a decent improvement.
G35s were strictly designed for 7.1 gaming and I wouldnt like a downgrade in that department.
From what Ive read I understand that USB headsets have their own built in audio drivers?
I also have to mention that im using Asus xonar dgx sound card.

My budget varies...
If there is a pair up to 100usd which can do both than great, but from what I have read so far there isnt but I may be wrong.
I know that possibly the best way would be buying an amp and a decent high impendace headset. Lets say my limit is 200usd

What are your thoughts guys? Can you help?

popatim

Titan
Hi, after 6-7 years my Logitech g35 gave up on me. I am looking for a headset which is going to be used for listening to music and gaming.
When it comes to music, I have to say the g35 were barely average so I would like to get a decent improvement.
G35s were strictly designed for 7.1 gaming and I wouldnt like a downgrade in that department.
From what Ive read I understand that USB headsets have their own built in audio drivers?
Actually they have their own little sound card (chip) built in

I also have to mention that im using Asus xonar dgx sound card.
You weren't using it with the G35. Not sure if 7.1 / 3.5mm headsets exist anymore.

My budget varies...
If there is a pair up to 100usd which can do both than great, but from what I have read so far there isnt but I may be wrong.
I know that possibly the best way would be buying an amp and a decent high impendace headset. Lets say my limit is 200usd
What are your thoughts guys? Can you help?

Reactions: Krotow

Sonny1989

Reputable
Feb 1, 2020
I know that i wasnt using it. I only bought the sound card to power up my speakers.
Do you have any ideas what would be the best pick for me?
I was looking at Sennheiser and Bayerdynamics headphones but I wonder if they can do both gaming and music at good enough level

I have Corsair Void Pro USB headset. Audiophiles probably will want something better. For me these made a proof about how 140$ headset (at time of purchase) differ from 40$ headset. Very decent sound quality. Speech clarity is amazing - first headset where I hear basically anything said and I'm no longer need to turn on subtitles in some games to understand about what NPCs are talking. More than enough for my needs - music, games and work chat in Zoom/Skype etc. Works in both Windows and Linux.