Question New High-Eend PC Gittering

MicroCutter

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
Hi All

Hope yall are doing well

I'm no rookie when it comes to building PC's or troubleshooting issues with PC's but this one has me stumped. I've search on here for similiar issues (There are alot of threads) and I've tried several of remedies that are listed below, but none seem to resolve the issue, so here's to hoping that someone might be able to assist :)

So I recently build a new PC, everything was running fine until 2-3 weeks ago, all games started expericing a gittter, I orginally though it might be my ISP, but done agressive testing and it dosen't seem to be the issue, while also replacing the router.

My Issue is when gaming in league of legends or fortnite ( Don't really play many games anymore), I experince extreme gittering randomly and its graduely getting worse and worse (Have a video of it)

My PC Specs are the following, All base specs, NO Overclocking has been done to any of the parts :

OS: WIndows 11 (Oh I know, What a pile of c**p) - Freshly installed.
CPU: Intel i7 13700K
CPU Cooler: iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Strix Z790-E
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory
PSU: Corsair RMx Series™ RM850x
GPU: PNY GEFORCE RTXTM 4070Ti 12GB XLR8 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X
Storage 2 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB

Things I've tried:
Uninstall ALL other software (Back to bare OS)
Uninstalled Graphics Drivers(Safe Mode with DDU)
Update/reinstalled Graphics Drivers
Update BIOS Drivers to latest version
Uninstall sound drivers
Disable Sound drivers that not in use.
Lower GPU Voltage
Disable V-sync
Ran Memory test (All OK)
Lowered RAM to 5400MHz

UserBench Stats

Next step
Use an SSD I have with windows 10 and test its not the compents or possible drivers issues?

Anyone any more suggestions or know of any known issues that I might not be aware of? Or recommednations.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I experince extreme gittering randomly and its graduely getting worse and worse (Have a video of it)
Upload it to a site like Imgur or their ilk and then parse the URL here for us to see.

Update Graphics Drivers
Uninstall sound drivers

How did you update and uninstall them? I'm assuming you used DDU to remove all GPU drivers off of your platform? As for your BIOS, did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified the BIOS was updated successfully?

I'd also open up Samsung's Magician app and see if the drives have firmware updates pending. Speaking of Samsung 970 Evo Plus, did you install the NVMe driver meant for the SSD's?

All base specs, NO Overclocking has been done to any of the parts
Not even enabling X.M.P for the ram?

MicroCutter

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
I experince extreme gittering randomly and its graduely getting worse and worse (Have a video of it)
Upload it to a site like Imgur or their ilk and then parse the URL here for us to see.

Update Graphics Drivers
Uninstall sound drivers

How did you update and uninstall them? I'm assuming you used DDU to remove all GPU drivers off of your platform? As for your BIOS, did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified the BIOS was updated successfully?

I'd also open up Samsung's Magician app and see if the drives have firmware updates pending. Speaking of Samsung 970 Evo Plus, did you install the NVMe driver meant for the SSD's?

[Syn] - Wiill upload it later this evening, Not at the computer at the moment.
[Syn Update] - Its a short clip, could get more if needed https://clipchamp.com/watch/zySCwcYq9Jq

Update Graphics Drivers
Uninstall sound drivers
[Syn] - I booted into safe mode and uninstall them with DDU, and then reinstalled them, No i did not clear CMOS once I updated the BIOS.

[Syn] - Will instgall the Samsung Magicians App this evening and let you know the state of it.
Update: Both drives are the latest firmware: View: https://imgur.com/a/Km27Agp

[syn] - I believe X.M.P II is enabled in the BIOS for the ram profile.

D

Deleted member 2947362

I say this a lot

Have you tried down clocking the memory? to 5600 just to test for a little while? see if that makes any difference.

It's just to rule out the CPU memory controller hasn't started struggling with being overclocked by the XMP RAM speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

MicroCutter

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
I say this a lot

Have you tried down clocking the memory? to 5600 just to test for a little while? see if that makes any difference.

It's just to rule out the CPU memory controller hasn't started struggling with being overclocked by the XMP RAM speed.
Oh...very intresting.... Let me try it now :) I'll report back

D

Deleted member 2947362

Oh...very intresting.... Let me try it now :) I'll report back
It's prob's not the issue but the problem is these days everyone and their grandmother have something being overclocked in their PC.

(que the music and wobbly lines)

When I was younger

It was just a rule of thumb when you got issues that you couldn't figure out

The first thing to do was set everything back to factory stock setting for RAM ,CPU, FSB and GPU anything that was being clocked out of spec.

But then again in those day overclocking wasn't being done out of the box like it is today and those people really understood the hardware and what was going on you had to back then.

Now it's just load some software click a button bob's ya uncle fanny's ya aunt
5ghz

D

Deleted member 2947362

Another thing to monitor is CPU temperature just to rule out thermal throttling which could be CPU heat sink fan speed, thermal paste or slightly high CPU voltage causing the CPU to thermal throttle.

MicroCutter

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
I say this a lot

Have just done this, and it has zero impact :) I've updated the orginal post with a video

MicroCutter

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
What I tested in my last game was enabling "Anti-Alising" and "Wait for Vertal Synch" enabled and it greatly improved my game play, I'm not too familiar what they are really used for, Any suggestions on it would be apprecaited.

D

Deleted member 2947362

you can download Adia64 it will give you all the info you need use the stress test and go trough the tabs they will show all the info

MicroCutter

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
It's prob's not the issue but the problem is these days everyone and their grandmother have something being overclocked in their PC.

(que the music and wobbly lines)

When I was younger

It was just a rule of thumb when you got issues that you couldn't figure out

The first thing to do was set everything back to factory stock setting for RAM ,CPU, FSB and GPU anything that was being clocked out of spec.

But then again in those day overclocking wasn't being done out of the box like it is today and those people really understood the hardware and what was going on you had to back then.

Now it's just load some software click a button bob's ya uncle fanny's ya aunt
5ghz
Well everything is as it is out of the box (Except now the XMP Profile in the BIOS).

MicroCutter

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
you can download Adia64 it will give you all the info you need use the stress test and go trough the tabs they will show all the info
Ah ok, I'll download it now, thanks ..
please also see my post about the enabling "Vertical sync" improving my image....alot less jitter, Not sure if its something you could weigh in on?

D

Deleted member 2947362

What I tested in my last game was enabling "Anti-Alising" and "Wait for Vertal Synch" enabled and it greatly improved my game play, I'm not too familiar what they are really used for, Any suggestions on it would be apprecaited.
Lol

well yeah if you push your gfx card at high ress with max setting depending on the game it will have a massive effect and possible cause the issue if you have changed your global settings in the nvidia driver to force max aa and and all the other spanky stuff enabled to the max lol

D

Deleted member 2947362

Right hang on.. lol

In your nvidia driver setting in windows make sure they are set to default settings.

any game your playing set to high gfx settings see if the jitters have gone in the game.

MicroCutter

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013

MicroCutter

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
Right hang on.. lol

In your nvidia driver setting in windows make sure they are set to default settings.

any game your playing set to high gfx settings see if the jitters have gone in the game.
They are all default settings, I didn't change anything at all when I reinstalled then after uninstalling using DDU

D

Deleted member 2947362

click on the the coloured writing like CPU MOTHERBOAR GPU etc that will display the current temps also the last tab will list everything mor clearly to read the numbers.

D

Deleted member 2947362

click on preferences at the bottom and add all the temps and volategs and anything else you want to add and view

D

Deleted member 2947362

now you have that up and running leave it running and start playing some games forw 10 mins, then you can go back to aida64 and see what is going on

D

Deleted member 2947362

Would you suggest maybe trying another PSU? (I have another one in another PC) Also since high temps, would ie best to re-seat my CPU cooler, Replace the themal paste?
I would 100% replace the PSU. it it's giving those readings just at desktop lol

I would also test with a multi meter while the system is running games just to confirm the reads are true but I would NOT recommend that unless you really know what your doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS