Jul 2, 2023
Hello, im new here. I have a brand new built pc with listed components:
-asus rog maximus extreme glacial
-intel i9 13900ks
-asus tuf 4099
-gskill trident z5 2x 16gb 6600ghz
-seagate firecuda 530 1tb
-2x segate firecuda 530 2tb
-2x toshiba hdwd260 (were used before but are formated)
-asus rog thor 1600 psu

Soon after instalation of software i wanted to have pc started to shutdown randomly. Mostly while playing games but also when browsing the internet or doing random tasks. Power consumption at shutdowns ranged from 200w to 1000w at stresstest. Shutdown was sometimes just like a power cutoff, other times it was showing shutdown screen from windows. After disabling razer devices the problem went away untill it shut down and 1tb ssd with windows installed was not recognized and it booted back to bios. After shuting it down manualy it booted back to windows. Everytime after shutdown it took about 10 minutes until i could power it back on.

Meanwhile troubleshooting a new bios update came out but it didn't solve anything. A fresh install also had no effect other than shutdowns after it were all with windows shutdown screen.

All temperatures while shutdowns happened were normal. Gpu at max 50 and cpu not exceding 80 (excluding stresstests where it was reaching 100 and throttling at few percents). Underclocking didnt solve anything other than lowering the temperatures. Disabling xmp also ditnd solve anything. Memtest86 pro shows no errors.

I checked all bios settings and tried recomended windows setting to change this but nothing worked. What are next steps i could try to isolate the source of the problem?

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
1,000W during stress testing sounds a bit high. I'd expect roughly 250W for the 13900 and 500W for the GPU. However, your 1600W PSU has loads of headroom. I assume your Asus TUF 4099 is a 4090.

If the computer takes 10 minutes to restart, is something getting too hot? Leave the side off the case and point a large desk fan into the computer. You might have a hot spot inside.

If you have a different GPU, fit in place of the 4090. If the system still hangs, it's not the 4090.

Jul 2, 2023
1,000W during stress testing sounds a bit high. I'd expect roughly 250W for the 13900 and 500W for the GPU. However, your 1600W PSU has loads of headroom. I assume your Asus TUF 4099 is a 4090.

If the computer takes 10 minutes to restart, is something getting too hot? Leave the side off the case and point a large desk fan into the computer. You might have a hot spot inside.

If you have a different GPU, fit in place of the 4090. If the system still hangs, it's not the 4090.
I will try that but i doubt a fan will help as whole pc is liquid colled, ekwb block on gpu, both sides liquid colled. I fitted biggest radiators possible to install in the case, over 1000w of cooling power by manufacturer ratings.

1000w was with occt. Aida test works at arround 700-800w.

I will do some more tests while monitoring temperatures of the motherboard if i missed anything.