[SOLVED] New i5 10600, windows doesnt recognize all cores / threads? msconfig checked already

LeeTapSi

Honorable
Oct 1, 2014
I just upgraded from i5 3470, bought a new motherboard amd rams aswell.
In task manager it only shows 2 cores / 4 logical processors. I have tried to check the msconfig advanced options to tick all of them but it only shows 4 processors there too. When I go to device manager however, it has 12 of them listed under the "processor" tab. I already tried deleting all of them and restarting my pc, to have windows recognize them again.

i5 10600 is a 6 core processor.

Motherboard: MSI mag b460 bazooka

Solution
I updated the original post. I upgraded my mobo, ram, cpu. Didnt do a clean OS install since everything seemed to work fine other than this.
"This" is a byproduct of not doing a clean OS install. You can decide if you want to live with it or do the correct thing and do a clean OS install.
There is no predicting what other ghosts you will encounter.

kanewolf

Titan
In task manager it only shows 2 cores / 4 logical processors. I have tried to check the msconfig advanced options to tick all of them but it only shows 4 processors there too.

i5 10600 is a 6 core processor. When I go to device manager however, it has 12 of them listed under the "processor" tab. I already tried deleting all of them and restarting my pc.
Was this a new build? Did you do a clean OS install ?

kanewolf

Titan
I updated the original post. I upgraded my mobo, ram, cpu. Didnt do a clean OS install since everything seemed to work fine other than this.
"This" is a byproduct of not doing a clean OS install. You can decide if you want to live with it or do the correct thing and do a clean OS install.

Solution

LeeTapSi

Honorable
Oct 1, 2014
Alright. So you think if I do a clean OS install it'll recognize all the cores? The reason I recognized this was because I was having 150-250 FPS on CSGO, even though I should've been getting over 300 with my settings. So this should fix that problem?

LeeTapSi

Honorable
Oct 1, 2014
When reinstalling windows, can I go with the option that keeps my personal files? Or does it have to be clean

USAFRet

Titan
When reinstalling windows, can I go with the option that keeps my personal files? Or does it have to be clean

A clean install is a full wipe and reinstall.

Your personal files need to be elsewhere and offline during this process.
You need a backup of those anyway.

LeeTapSi

Honorable
Oct 1, 2014
A clean install is a full wipe and reinstall.

Your personal files need to be elsewhere and offline during this process.
You need a backup of those anyway.
can't I just use the "reset this PC" option? :/ thanks anyway