new i5 build wont boot or even to bios

dj1997

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
hi ive finished building my new pc today but it wont boot it starts but then horizontal green lines cover the screen and it has crashed
the specs are
i5 4670k costa rica
8gb hyper x black khx16c10b1b/8
msi g41 pc mate (just updated bios to see if that would help but no luck)
corsair rm750 power supply
gigabyte windforce 3 3gb graphics
please help as im baffled as to what the problem is

Solution
MSI boards do tend to receive bad reviews every once in a while; and with your earlier posts I would assume the issue is your motherboard. If possible you should refund your board and purchase a new one, preferably from Asus, Gigabyte or ASRock (in no particular order).

You can purchase a Z97 motherboard if you desire, they do cost more but will support Broadwell (5th generation) processors once they're released in the future. That is of course optional, purchasing another Z87 is no issue at all.

All the best. :)

dj1997

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

I have tried it without the graphics card as it would see gpu related but I had no luck

dj1997

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

Yeah I had rma'd it but it failed again a few days ago rma round 2 lol won't be buying an msi board again

Obnoxious

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
MSI boards do tend to receive bad reviews every once in a while; and with your earlier posts I would assume the issue is your motherboard. If possible you should refund your board and purchase a new one, preferably from Asus, Gigabyte or ASRock (in no particular order).

You can purchase a Z97 motherboard if you desire, they do cost more but will support Broadwell (5th generation) processors once they're released in the future. That is of course optional, purchasing another Z87 is no issue at all.

All the best. :)

Solution