[SOLVED] new install win 10 lag

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
I install win 10 on my pc before a month.

I click settings to choose, for example Accounts - Sign in options And all frozen. I cant choose anything, and nothing moves. Youtube play ok, internet, lets say ok, but nothing moves. I close it, i re open it , same. Task manager all normal.
I click win10 logo, left down, its open , after stuck also.

What is happening ?

Solution
Most of the guides were written at a time peoples pc weren't as capable as they are now. I think most of them are to save ram and if you have 12gb you have enough space to not need to clear it

there is a cottage industry on Youtube making videos about debloating windows, when really its not that bad now. They act like all the processes run at the same time, all the time, whereas most only run if needed. Storage/ram isn't a problem on windows, I can understand it on a phone but its just not needed on windows. Only things I would consider as bloat are store apps and you can remove those pretty easy by right click/remove in most cases. And they don't run all the time again...

They act like we still using PC with limited resources. Use...

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021

I click settings to choose, for example Accounts - Sign in options And all frozen. I cant choose anything, and nothing moves. Youtube play ok, internet, lets say ok, but nothing moves. I close it, i re open it , same. Task manager all normal.

What is happening ?
What is your device manufacturer and model or, if it’s custom built, what are the system specs (list them all)?

Have you installed or downloaded anything (software or files) recently?

Reactions: manolis kokotsakis

USAFRet

Titan

What is happening ?
What services have you removed or disabled?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

What is happening ?

Is this the same Windows install you've spent the last month tinkering with?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Its late in my country. I will write all i delete tomorrow morning. I dont think i delete anything i need.

What you THINK you need and what Windows actually needs are 2 different things clearly. Theres a ton of stuff that Windows does in the background that sounds unimportant, but breaks functionality.

I had an old VW that I turned into a race car, and people used to laugh because it still had the door chime when the door was open. Why? Because if you disconnected it, the car would not run. The chime was integrated into the ignition circuit. It wasn't worth hacking the wiring harness up to bypass it. Sure I could have unplugged it. but then the car won't run. See my point?

Reinstall Windows, and leave it alone. I have yet to see one person whom advocates killing services and so on show me concrete proof that Windows boots faster, encodes quicker, gets more FPS, etc from all that meddling.

Reactions: Cj-tech

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
What services have you removed or disabled?

Some of these are old topics of me, before i do the format to my pc.
after you answer me , i dont need to change those services, i didnt.

windows image aquision
network connections
onesyncsvc-service
smartscreen
Msmpeng.Exe (Antimalware Service Executable)
Automatic Drive Optimization / Defrag
Windows Mobile Hotspot Service
Program Compatibility Assistant Service
Hibernation
Windows Registry Backup
Diagnostic Policy Service
Display Enhancement Service
AVCTP service
delivery optimization
lockapp.exe
tabtip.exe
lenovo pm
lenovo platform
network connection broker
Devices Platform Service

UPnPHost Service
textinputhost.exe

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-H...UID-2A5822C3-C88C-4B4D-90CC-10CB41C39EC7.html

Those...

Last edited:

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yes i have this version.
I will do that sir, thanks. But question is , something happened and problem came, or something is wrong and this will come again and again , even if i do repair the win10 ?

The problem didn't just "come. " You are causing your problems. If you want to best avoid having Windows problems in the future, stop tinkering with software that you're not qualified to tinker with.

We've literally spent like a month telling you to stop doing all of this because this precise result would happen.

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
The problem didn't just "come. " You are causing your problems. If you want to best avoid having Windows problems in the future, stop tinkering with software that you're not qualified to tinker with.

We've literally spent like a month telling you to stop doing all of this because this precise result would happen.

I understood sir. I just read some infos, i tought it was safe to do, nothing more.
From all i wrote you notice and dangerous and risky ?
Should i reinstall win 10 now ?

USAFRet

Titan
Should i reinstall win 10 now ?
The current installation appears to be broken.

If you actually want to use this thing, then it will require a new install.
Again.

And this time, once installed, leave it alone.

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019

I am just a simple user, but i need only snappy pc and fast browsing. Do you think maybe i should try Lubuntu instead win 10 ? To get rid all these and bi more simple and fast ?

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I am just a simple user, but i need only snappy pc and fast browsing. Do you think maybe i should try Lubuntu instead win 10 ? To get rid all these and bi more simple and fast ?

I have thinkpad T 440s i7 4600u , 12 gb ram, ssd evo 860.

Your laptop should run fine on Windows 10. If you are only using it for browsing, there shouldn’t be an issue. As everyone else has said, re-install Windows 10 and leave the configurations alone.