[SOLVED] New laptop fan won't turn on (Please help)

gizmo j

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2013
My new laptop fan won't turn on and I think this started happening after I laid the laptop on my plastic bed sheet .

Also on the device manager it says that there are 5 Acpi fans what's with that?

Solution
Hi

If you've been in device manager and it indicates the fan "devices" are working correctly then i'd suggest getting a program like open hardware monitor.

More modern laptops have a tendency to be a bit lax in running fans sometimes they just don't need to.

The monitor will show you fan speeds and the temperatures for the important bits in your computer, armed with that information you can check and see if anything is getting dangerously hot and if maybe your fan is spinning just not very much.

It's a good starting point before opening it or messing with drivers.
Jul 11, 2018
Hi

If you've been in device manager and it indicates the fan "devices" are working correctly then i'd suggest getting a program like open hardware monitor.

More modern laptops have a tendency to be a bit lax in running fans sometimes they just don't need to.

The monitor will show you fan speeds and the temperatures for the important bits in your computer, armed with that information you can check and see if anything is getting dangerously hot and if maybe your fan is spinning just not very much.

It's a good starting point before opening it or messing with drivers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS