New laptop only using my intergrated graphics can't switch to dedicated.

moddedlel

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
I recently bought the: HP 15-BW082ND laptop and i wanted to play some light games like csgo and gmod. It has 8gb ram, amd radeon 530 2gb graphics card and a amd a10 9620P cpu.
When i lauched csgo at highest settings i got arround 25 fps while benchmark is easily 60+ on highest settings but i am pretty sure it only uses the intergrated graphics and not the 530 ( also shows in task manager) i have already read tons of forums about this and here is what i have already tried:

1.Disabled the intergrated graphics.
(Doing that i wasnt able to lauch csgo it gave me an error saying i missed basic graphics something like that)

2.Tried to find an option to choose which gpu to use (on amd control center)

3. Set everything on high performance in the amd settings

4. Went into powersaving option to put everything on high performance

5. Disabled amd radeon dual graphics. But i am pretty sure it then only uses the intergrated.

6.tried running the game on lowest setting but that gives almost the excact same fps.

7. I read somewhere that you need to use catalyst which i dont have neither can i get it.

So i really hope you guys can help me out.

Solution
spec sheet for your system

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05545308

Video graphics
AMD Radeon™ 530 Graphics (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

that's IT AFIK

but, if you do have R7 integrated, it doesn't appear on that laptop's sheet, it should, this is confusing.

Drivers and Minimal setup, I like that one, it is web based and only puts MINIMUM stuff on you windows system
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-500-series/radeon-530

update:
duh, the A10 is an APU. looking deeper into this. lots of others complaining all over the web about this.

moddedlel

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018

I installed the latest graphics software for my laptop but nothing changed the details said it would install catalyst control center but i didn't get that either.

moddedlel

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018

I uninstalled the graphics card rebooted and installed the file, i still don't have the catalydt control center but it looks like my fps has slightly increased but still not how it should be.

moddedlel

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018

Its not there either i also tried the run catalyst command but it can't find it.

moddedlel

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018

You can't download just catalyst.
But if you download the file from the other comments it says in the description that it includes catalyst but doesn't install it. And the installer doesn't let you download it to desktop because its mostly drivers.

moddedlel

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018

Should in uninstall the current drivers first?

moddedlel

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018

Well i installed it but still nothing i found some files that said something with ccc but after installing those nothing happend.

moddedlel

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018

i can't find any option for that but i can shut down my intergrated graphics in device manager but when i do that i can use the laptop but when i try to start a game its says i miss something basic or something like that.

moddedlel

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018

Oh i was able to launch payday 2 after i shut down the (what i believe where) the intergrated graphics but got 1 fps.
Then i tried shutting down the other one and got about 15 fps.

First one i shut down was: AMD radeon R5 graphics

Second one: AMD Radeon (TM) 535DX

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
sorry was in hospital for a week. Go back into device manager and find amd radeon 535dx/or whatever it says for display adapter. Click on that when the window pops up that says general, driver etc click on driver tab. click on update driver, then click on update online. See if that helps.

spec sheet for your system

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05545308

Video graphics
AMD Radeon™ 530 Graphics (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

that's IT AFIK

but, if you do have R7 integrated, it doesn't appear on that laptop's sheet, it should, this is confusing.

Drivers and Minimal setup, I like that one, it is web based and only puts MINIMUM stuff on you windows system
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-500-series/radeon-530

update:
duh, the A10 is an APU. looking deeper into this. lots of others complaining all over the web about this.

Solution