[SOLVED] New Mac 12'

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC-10

Reputable
May 15, 2015
I really appreciate your write up. What i found really interesting is the display results for the retina compared to the supposedly better 4k on the XPS. My question is, is the new mac 12' good enough for light editing; meaning youtube videos shot on a Canon 5D for example? i have an expensive computer that i use at home for heavier editing and am looking for something light and portable. I was set on the XPS 13' but windows alone makes me cringe. Any thoughts?

Solution
A Retina Macbook should be able to handle light editing of images and videos, albeit it probably won't be the fastest at the task. The 13" XPS system is a beast in its own right however, and will provide more power for these types of tasks for you. The Macbook will excel in battery life. The XPS system will be the better overall performer however, the most notable item when discussing a camera connecting to a prospective computer is the Macbook has almost no connectivity options without an adapter, whereas the XPS 13 does have a built in SD card reader and standard USB ports.

Kissmyne

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
A Retina Macbook should be able to handle light editing of images and videos, albeit it probably won't be the fastest at the task. The 13" XPS system is a beast in its own right however, and will provide more power for these types of tasks for you. The Macbook will excel in battery life. The XPS system will be the better overall performer however, the most notable item when discussing a camera connecting to a prospective computer is the Macbook has almost no connectivity options without an adapter, whereas the XPS 13 does have a built in SD card reader and standard USB ports.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.