Question New machine for development

Feb 12, 2019
I am building a new machine for development mostly Microsoft Stack(visual studio, sql server etc). For the first time I am moving to AMD from Intel. I am planning to use AMD Ryzen 2700 or 2700X not sure.

There are lots of suggestions for expensive motherboard with fancy lighting etc and I guess RAMs are now having some fancy lights as well.

I am not a gamer and pretty sure never going to use this machine for gaming or any 4k viewing but definitely need to attach atleast 3 or more monitors and WIFI. I can spent money, budget is not much of a constraint but don't want to burn it on unnecessary gimmicks.

I am not going to get a new machine or upgrading this one for nearly next five years . So please suggest a build which should be powerful enough to last for next several years.

Thanks

Feb 12, 2019
Well keep in mind what ever you buy will be obsolete in July when AMD releases their Ryzen 2 3000 series. I would wait until then before building your new machine if you can. And don't forget you can Get the AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X for $300.
Hi, thanks for the time you took to answer the question. I have a six years old machine which has i7 processor with 8 gb ram and samsung 850 pro ssd. And I am looking for something which should be greater than that, If you can please suggest me build powerful than that and little bit more futuristic, it'll be great.
About waiting for new AMD processor, i think when that comes then there'll something better on the horizon, so it'll be a loop. Moreover new processors remains expensive for first several months, so not sure if that is worth. But i'll definitely consider your suggestion. Thanks