[SOLVED] New MB effecting Microphone?

Mar 20, 2020
Hi all,

I recently purchased and today installed a new motherboard (ASUS B360-G), installation and setup all went fine, however when attempting to speak with a friend over discord, they complained my microphone was making a continuous ‘static/robotic’ noise. Having tested it since I have confirmed this is the case.

All sound into my headset is working fine, it just seems to be voice communication. Discord now states it can not locate any microphone when I run it.

Assuming this is something to do with my new MB, are there any suggestions on how I would fix?

Thanks

Solution
Hi all,

I recently purchased and today installed a new motherboard (ASUS B360-G), installation and setup all went fine, however when attempting to speak with a friend over discord, they complained my microphone was making a continuous ‘static/robotic’ noise. Having tested it since I have confirmed this is the case.

All sound into my headset is working fine, it just seems to be voice communication. Discord now states it can not locate any microphone when I run it.

Assuming this is something to do with my new MB, are there any suggestions on how I would fix?

Thanks
Did you do a clean Windows install with this new motherboard? Usually changing motherboards requires a fresh OS install.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi all,

Thanks
Did you do a clean Windows install with this new motherboard? Usually changing motherboards requires a fresh OS install.

Solution