Question New memory stick, pc not showing display

chaoticjoy1

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2008
Ooooookay, so I am trying to install a memory stick in my GFs computer, she currently has one stick. When I add the stick, the display doesn't show up, naturally I figure I need to reset BIOS. So I removed the battery on the mobo to reset bios, that is one way to do it correct?

Anyways, I start the PC back up after waiting a minute with the battery out. Same thing. What am I doing wrong? I tried all available slots, it is set up for dual channel currently, but still no display.

When I take out the new stick the PC starts up fine. Do I need to use a jumper?? I don't have one which is why I was going the battery route.

EDIT: Checked all connections, again works with original stick, but not with the new one.

Last edited:
Ooooookay, so I am trying to install a memory stick in my GFs computer, she currently has one stick. When I add the stick, the display doesn't show up, naturally I figure I need to reset BIOS. So I removed the battery on the mobo to reset bios, that is one way to do it correct?

Anyways, I start the PC back up after waiting a minute with the battery out. Same thing. What am I doing wrong? I tried all available slots, it is set up for dual channel currently, but still no display.

When I take out the new stick the PC starts up fine. Do I need to use a jumper?? I don't have one which is why I was going the battery route.

EDIT: Checked all connections, again works with original stick, but not with the new one.
Mixing RAM sticks can make problems like that.

chaoticjoy1

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2008
Hi man

Can you post the brand and specs of the new stick?
Can also install speccy on the pc and show me the results for ram?

(i need to be able to tell if the ram modules match, i can give you more advice based on that)

They match. If you want the brand they are the same ones in my signature.

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300)

Last edited: