New Microsoft BlueTrack Mice Are Way Cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have the BlueTrack 2.4 GHz Wireless Mouse 5000, and love it.
It does indeed track on glass, and every other surface I have tried.
The range is awesome - it works 2 rooms away (~25')!
It was a smidge over $30, but well worth it :)

G

$30 is cheap? I think not, ive bought many $5-$10 mouses over the years. And they often work better then the expensive mice heh. Tho im currently using a higher end ms sidewinder, historically the cheapo mice have been better and lasted longer lol.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
This could be a really good, inexpensive and solid product. Microsoft isn't trying anything super-special here, which is why I think it will be a well-rounded product, given what its intended purpose is.

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
I buy one and only one product from microsoft. Having my hand forced in terms of OSs, and the cost leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Their periphrials seem popular though. Low price point and decent quality.

DearSX

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I'm currently using some kind of catalog as a pad, works better than a mag, and a newspaper. I'm in my living room and my mom does not like stuff on the table, so I just grab whatever is around and use it. These mice would be nice.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
i just bought one of their blue track notebook mouse a while back. I figured the blue track stuff was just marketing bull shit. Therefor I almost shat my pants when I found that I could use the mouse on carpet. So its not just a marketing gimmick, it actually does work very well.

Zinosys

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
As the owner of a G9x and a blueTrack mouse, I have to say yes. Both mice track on glass, although the MS mouse can skip or stall, and the G9x definitely has that quality, precision feel. But for $30, BlueTrack is definitely worth it.

G

They are cheap in many ways, the scroll wheel for example has zero tactile feedback (clicking) so if you intend to use it as a push button, you will almost ALWAYS end up scrolling up/down and the click will not register. The familiar forward/back buttons have no bite, and are a bit minute- it can honestly be hard to tell if you are even hitting them. The real gem is in the blue track- which performs excellently. Maybe the sidewinder is ok for gaming (was not one to purchase at the store) but anything from the 5000 and under line are not favorable. But for now it makes a somewhat novel temporary replacement for me, which was fairly priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.