New Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet Features Kaby Lake, Surface Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Core i7 16GB 1TB $2,700 -> this must be a bad joke for < average device running rather bad OS. Surface doesn't sell well, Microsoft lost 26% of revenue on it.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I recommend Surface Pro to my customers, this is the only tablet format that has Windows OS running on it with the minimum requirements for our software

G

It actually does not come with pen anymore. That's an additional purchase now.

c4v3man

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
The lack of a $1800 i5-512GB model is a shame. Keep in mind these cannot be upgraded at all, so only buy a 128GB version if you intend to use it as an viewing device. I hope the new models ditch the crap wifi chips of the older models... I never understood why Microsoft kept using the Marvell adapter when they should integrate a high-end Intel adapter instead.

My experience with the Surface Pro 1,2,3 and 4 are they they are good devices, but have too many compromises and small bugs to be great devices. Hopefully Microsoft catches up to 2016 next year and offers USB-C/Thunderbolt.

teamninja

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
The lack of a a Pen... making it cost 100$ wtf.... Now it is just a tablet without good apps.... hell it didn't even come with a keyboard before but just as expensive as before? but without the pen.... so the hinge can go to 165 degrees now from 150 degrees.... Yea... not many would care about that... going from gen 6 cpu too gen 7 YOU might as well buy the last gen Surface pro 4 for FAR cheaper and you get a pen... Guess what you can still use the new pen on it just buy the new pen...

Battery life? You guys say 13.5 hours depending on what you use ppfffft looks like it really came from having no fan and improved gen 7 cpu only... I bet it will be at best 1 hours to 1 hour 30mins longer...

Seriously people should buy last gen now that it is much much cheaper for the 8GB ram 256gb memory core i5.... The improvements aren't that great... it is roughly 30% better deal then the current one it has a PEN

Status
Not open for further replies.