Question New Mobo and CPU, can't get bios to boot

Dec 3, 2020
Hi I recently got an asus prime x570-p and a 5800x. For the life of me I can't figure out why the bios won't even boot. Any help would be appreciated I'm completely lost. I don't think this mobo has a flashback bios option and I don't have a compatible cpu. Am I totally screwed or what?

Dec 3, 2020
Yeah sadly I tried reseating everything already twice. I'm about to go blow my brains out now after saving for and waiting for months for this bs.

Dec 3, 2020
try to recheck the cables, and reseat the ram and the gpu, if you want, clean the contact points of both ram and cpu like using alcohol on cotton swab then wipe it gently (this works for me bcs i did clean the contact point, and it boots to normal.)
I appreciate the replies though 😁

Koekieezz

Prominent
Apr 30, 2020
if you have friends or mates that use 3000 series cpu, ask for a borrow, then update the bios to the latest one. once it is done, you are free to use the 5800x.

otherwise you go with a B550 if you want a budget mobo and not so high OC ing.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020
if you have friends or mates that use 3000 series cpu, ask for a borrow, then update the bios to the latest one. once it is done, you are free to use the 5800x.

otherwise you go with a B550 if you want a budget mobo and not so high OC ing.
Ahhhhgggg I knew it... Sadly, in Montana I know of no one with a 3000 series cpu. I spent hours working for nothing 😭

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS