[SOLVED] New mobo+cpu, no display/post/beep

stefannxD

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Hi, Im not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, but I recently got a new asrock b450 pro4 mobo, r5 3600 cpu, and 2x8 gb ddr4 gskill 3200 ripjaws V. My other specs are a samsung 250gb ssd, 1tb/500gb WD hdds, w10, r9 390, and corsair 650W PSU. I also had 2 monitors to test on.

First time i tried and nothing happened (the same result everytime to now). All my fans are spinning EXCEPT my gpu fan. It bascially turns on for 10 secs, then restarts, and repeats.

Then i tried 1 stick in A2, then the other, then switching. I tried this multiple times while resetting the cmos by battery and by jumper. I also tried leaving the jumper in, and nothing. Then i tried no ram, still nothing.

Then i tried switching gpus to a GTX 970. still nothing EXCEPT the fans were jiggling. Like they were moving for a split second then stop, then repeat. I assume theres just something wrong with the GPU slot on the mobo. My gpu is fine because i tried it in another PC and it worked, fans spinning and all.

Then i tried switching PSUs to a 600W corsair, and same thing occurs. I tried switching monitors, and no post. I almost repeated the whole process everytime i changed something, like proper experimentation.

Is this just a mobo rip? Or some sort of conflict with the new architecture? Idk how to rule out the cpu being faulty, i just thought it was fine bc the fan was spinning. I really wanna make this work bc if i have to RMA, then ill just refund everything and go back to my previous setup. I didnt need to upgrade, just had some money.

Please help, thanks!