[SOLVED] New Mobo, Not Win11 Compatible??

Sep 8, 2022
Hey guys, so I finished my new build this weekend and didn't initially care about upgrading to Windows 11 but figure my new build would be of zero issues to do so. Now I come to find, it still says my PC is not eligible. I'm like what?! This is a brand new mobo with an i9, what more does it need? It talks about a TPM thing. I'm like, what is this and how could a brand new mobo not have this? Am I screwed completely here? Motherboard is an Asus Z590-A Gaming Wifi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hey guys, so I finished my new build this weekend and didn't initially care about upgrading to Windows 11 but figure my new build would be of zero issues to do so. Now I come to find, it still says my PC is not eligible. I'm like what?! This is a brand new mobo with an i9, what more does it need? It talks about a TPM thing. I'm like, what is this and how could a brand new mobo not have this? Am I screwed completely here? Motherboard is an Asus Z590-A Gaming Wifi.
There's a setting in the BIOS to enable it.

Look in your user manual for how to invoke this.

USAFRet

Titan

Reactions: FlamingPC
Solution
Sep 8, 2022

Thanks man. I'll give it a reading. I did notice a spot on the MOBO that shows pins for a TPM... It clearly isn't on my board. Wondering if I can still bypass it? Anyways, I'll check the manual and see what it says.

Sep 8, 2022

I just checked and the manual has 4 pages on BIOS and they barely talk about anything worth noting, lol.

It's in BIOS section - Advanced\Trusted Computing.
Set Security Device Support to enabled.

Great. I'll take a look when I get home from work. Thank you. If this works, I'll be back to set this as resolved! :D

Sep 8, 2022
Hey guys, I figured it out with a little more digging but you guys definitely pointed me in the right direction to check the BIOS. So on this board, it is called, "PTT". It was found under Advanced > PCH-FW configuration. I just enabled it and now the PC Health Check says it qualifies. Issue resolved :)

Sep 8, 2022
as usual, in alot of situations, the good ole "RTFM" thingy helps alot, hehehe :)

Hey man, not sure you saw my above post but the manual had 4 pages on the BIOS that barely covered 5% of the options. Mostly talked about RAID devices. Anywho, a little more digging through the net and it's been resolved though with the notion that you don't need the TPM hardware and it can be done through BIOS definitely helped.

but the manual had 4 pages on the BIOS that barely covered 5% of the options. Mostly talked about RAID devices.
You're looking at wrong manual.
ROG Z590 Series BIOS Manual ( English Edition ) - has 90 pages.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022
You're looking at wrong manual.
ROG Z590 Series BIOS Manual ( English Edition ) - has 90 pages.

Doh! I was looking at the manual came with the board.

Well the manual is the printed thing that comes with your physical product, he was right to think so.
People should link to online material or at least say to look online for the full manual.

Caaaaarect! lol. Didn't think there was an actual manual for the board that differs from the manual that comes with the board. Ah well. Thanks everyone. This has been resolved.