New Modem ordered

nate101794

Honorable
Jun 20, 2018
Ok so I'm currently provided with Charter Spectrum internet was bright house before and they I'm assuming are renting me a Arris TC 1682. Last night I ordered the Linksys CM3024 off Amazon will be here Friday. Just wondering how I will hook up my phone though since this one doesn't have the phone jack port. Thanks guys/gals

Solution
A much larger problem is likely going to be that the box you purchased is only a modem and the box you rent is a modem/router.

You will have no wifi and only be able to hook a single pc to the internet.

If you have another router then it will work.

Pretty much your only option is to cancel the phone service from charter and go to some form of VoIP service. You will need some kind of adapter to convert analog phone to VoIP. The one you used to hear a lot about is magic jack but there are many such devices. You will then need to sign up with a service on the internet to use this.

Most people including me have just opted to use only cell phones and not pay for any form of land line.
A much larger problem is likely going to be that the box you purchased is only a modem and the box you rent is a modem/router.

You will have no wifi and only be able to hook a single pc to the internet.

If you have another router then it will work.

Pretty much your only option is to cancel the phone service from charter and go to some form of VoIP service. You will need some kind of adapter to convert analog phone to VoIP. The one you used to hear a lot about is magic jack but there are many such devices. You will then need to sign up with a service on the internet to use this.

Most people including me have just opted to use only cell phones and not pay for any form of land line.

Solution

nate101794

Honorable
Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for the reply yeah I did it backwards n got a router first I got too many cables to not have one. Trust me I'm down with getting rid of the house phone it's a guy still living in the 80s that doesn't own a cell phone yet that's my problem. Doesn't understand without the price of monthly rental and phone bill off he may actually save money. Again I appreciate the answer man I'll see what I can shake out of em