New monitor [24-27"] - need last advice

Sep 27, 2018
Hello,

first of all…sorry for my poor English :)

Ok, so I’m looking a new monitor. At present I have EIZO S1931S and I simply want to have a bigger display. As we all know EIZO/NEC are high quality and more expensive stuff, so I consider displays from other manufacturers. I have limited budget – converting to USD currency I can pay around $350-$400.

Additional information:

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?

Poland.

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.)

Mainly office software (a little graphics designing), then Internet and a games (titles like MS Flight Simulator, X Plane, Farming Simulator, FIFA (my son

daerohn

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
If I were you I would test a ViewSonic VX series one. I used to have a 20" VX back in the day with 5ms refresh rate. Then switched to a Samsng PX2370 which seems to have lower refresh rate however I am having ghosting problems with it. Which I never had with ViewSonic. I have tried to change the settings of the monitor from the menu with no viable resuls.

So EIZO is good. But I recommend you to check ViewSonic also. I can not recommend a model as there are lots of it few hours of research on the internet can help you with it. and then if you can find it on your local dealer ask them to connect it on a single computer to see the output by yourseld. As the reviews on the internet can not fully satisfy your needs. Best way is to check it by yourself comparing with different monitors.

Sep 27, 2018

Thanks for reply... but what if you have to must choose between these both DELLs? ;) Is there quality difference between them (better BLB or something else..)?
...or maybe I should forget DELL?

My heart is still near to EIZO, but cheaper monitor = faster new GPU purchase :)

daerohn

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
before buyng my last monitor I have checked tens of reviews, user comments and different tests, watched videos and what I can say is do not trust any of them. So if I were to buy a monitor for myself I would define my needs, my budget, list the options, read some reviews and visit a local store and test them my self. So DELL, EIZO, ViewSonic all are good producers. But they have many products for different markets and users. And they have different advantages and disadvantages. What I can recommend for you is to test them by yourself on a local store connecting it on computer and make same tests.

Sep 27, 2018
You are right. Reviews are very different. Anyway, I know my preferences and have chosen 4 models mentioned above. The problem is... I don't have possibility to check/test each of them in stores :( The only way is to purchase the monitor and get it back if it's broken.
However, thank you for help.

Is here an owner above DELL/EIZO models?