New monitor (Asus rog swift pg248) quality issue- HOW DO I MAKE THE WHITE CLOUDS GO AWAY

ajwade

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
There are white clouds that appears on my desktop monitor especially when colors transition during a video. I have a Samsung RC512 laptop and it doesn't have this issue. The colors on my laptop are more consistent and I prefer this. I tried adjusting the monitor setting but couldn't fix it. Here's what I'm talking about:

Monitor screen
3447b88.jpg

Laptop screen
k9be9v.jpg

The monitor is 1080p, 180Hz, and the desktop has a Gfroce GTX 970. How do I make my monitor like my laptop screen? Thanks

ajwade

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016

When the desktop is turned off the white clouds don't appear on my monitor.To clarify the monitor is connected to my desktop. I referenced my laptop only to compare.

StewNZ

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016
I bought this monitor (PG248Q) and came here to say the same thing - the color is awful. I have tried tweaking the settings as per https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/asus-pg248q/ but it still looks terrible. I'm running it off a Nvidia 1070.

It's not always noticeable, but where you have a dark background and something lighter you get that bleeding.

ajwade

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016

No solution, but I thought i'd share my experience.I showed these pictures to a guy at best buy. He recommended getting an IPS instead. I'm going to sacrifice fps and response time for better color.

ajwade

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016

I did that, same issue when the monitor was connected to my laptop.