[SOLVED] new monitor or new gpu

FluffyFlounder

Reputable
Feb 21, 2019
Ya know, they should make a new sub-forum called setups... anyways i got $400 right now and another 500$ coming in about a month, and i am going to get another (better) monitor (msi optix mag272cqr) and a new gpu (gtx 1660 to an rtx 2060 super), however I don't know which i should get first, as the rest of the money in coming in a month. I was thinking that gpu at first, but now im thinking the monitor... any suggestions?

Solution
I want to say GPU if you have the money, but at this point I'd wait for it. I'm still sitting on my 1070 and I've had no problems with it yet so it wasn't worth upgrading yet. Hold out, wait a few months after the Ampere drivers get worked on a bit and the prices either drop or different versions of the card comes out. Get yourself a monitor in the meantime.

fifis599

Prominent
Nov 1, 2018
I want to say GPU if you have the money, but at this point I'd wait for it. I'm still sitting on my 1070 and I've had no problems with it yet so it wasn't worth upgrading yet. Hold out, wait a few months after the Ampere drivers get worked on a bit and the prices either drop or different versions of the card comes out. Get yourself a monitor in the meantime.

Solution