Question New monitor recommendations ?

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I'm looking for new monitor for productivity. This Samsung OLED G9 looks like a behemoth but what do I know, i'm coming from 27" dell 4K. Tom's Forum Crew has never steered me wrong when it comes to components , what are some recommendations?

Note: I'm not a huge gamer, or really game at all these days, but who knows maybe I'll get an itch. Haven't really played much since DOTA or WoW, Starcraft 2 ... to give you an idea how little I play games these days.

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
If you aren't planning on gaming, then an OLED panel will not give you much benefit unless you really crave the high contrast. A traditional LCD panel would generally last longer if you do other things like internet browsing, occasional content consumption, etc. If you are seriously considering the Odyssey G9, then you can grab pretty much any monitor you want. It would help if you listed the features you're after, such as size, HDR support, HDMI 2.1, etc. As far as a starting point, the Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 will give you a lot of flexibility, while still packing in lots of features. It is oriented toward gaming, but having a higher refresh rate and lower response times, even when paired with a computer not intended for gaming, will make your system feel snappier and more repsonsive. It reaches over 1000 nits of peak brightness under certain conditions, and has a Mini LED backlight for better contrast.