Question New Monitor seems to lose connection

TheNicho

Commendable
Dec 11, 2020
Hi guys,
I have recently upgraded my setup and bought myself the Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q and I am now struggling with a few issues that I can't seem to get rid of. Previously, I was already running a 2 screen setup with a BenQ XL2411 144hz monitor as my main monitor and an older Samsung monitor as the secondary screen. I used to have my taskbar and explorer/discord windows on my secondary monitor and run Media/Browser and Games on the BenQ.
After buying the Aorus FI27Q, I was planning on using the FI27Q as my main monitor for games and media and use the BenQ as secondary monitor. The first issue I now have, is that the FI27Q always seems to have a slight color tint, I am currently using the "Aorus" picture preset and depending on the Color Preset, I notice either a slight yellow or blue tint of the screen. When I compare a website or program on my two monitors, I can see a "proper" white on the BenQ while the Aourus is always kinda tinted. Do you have any suggestions to fix that?

The second issue is quite annoying as well. I set up the taskbar on the BenQ and chose the "Lock Taskbar" option. I also have a couple of desktop shortcuts on there. The issue now appears, when my monitors go into standby/shut off because I am AFK. When I return and move my mouse, I can see that no shortcuts are visible on the BenQ and they take a couple of seconds to load in. Additionally, all windows I had opened on the BenQ are now shown on the Aorus. The taskbar also "switched monitors" and is no longer visible on the BenQ but on the Aours. To me, this kinda looks like my computer is losing connection to the BenQ and therefore moves everything to the Aorus as if it was the only monitor connected. Is that possible? Is there any way to prevent that "short term loss of connection" for the BenQ? This never happened when I was running my old 2 screen setup with the BenQ and the Samsung.

I hope that I could somewhat clearly describe my issues and that one of you is able to help me out.
Cheers and thanks :)

TheNicho

Commendable
Dec 11, 2020
I hope you don't mind me bumping this.
I have now gotten rid of the color tint on the Aorus FI27Q.
However, my second issue still persists and I feel like it just got weirder. I have tried switching the Aorus off and on. When switching it back on, I heard the windows sound of a device disconnecting and connecting again. The video I was watching also moved to the BenQ while the Aorus was "restarting". When it came back on, I got an NVIDIA notification again to set up G-SYNC. I think that this is the reason of why my taskbar keeps moving from the BenQ to the Aorus.
This does seem very weird to me as I was able to just turn off my older monitors without any issues. Could the problem be caused by the different resolutions my monitors run?
I think I should be able to switch my Aorus off without it completely losing connection to my PC.
Can anyone think of a solution to my problem?

Edit: I seem to have found a way to prevent the toolbar from moving. Up until now, I used a DP1.2 cable to connect the AorusFI27Q to the computer. Now, I have tried using an HDMI cable and voila, the issue is gone. It doesn't matter whether I turn the screen off/on, the taskbar and all windows remain on the screen I had moved them to.
The only potential problem I can see with this is the following: In the NVIDIA settings, I no longer have the option to enable G-SYNC on my FI27Q. I have never used G-SYNC before so I am wondering, is this going to be an issue when gaming on 1440p? Or should I not see any difference when gaming with the HDMI-connection w/o G-SYNC compared to the DP1.2-connection with G-SYNC?

Last edited:

TheNicho

Commendable
Dec 11, 2020
I hope you don't mind me bumping this.
I have now gotten rid of the color tint on the Aorus FI27Q.
However, my second issue still persists and I feel like it just got weirder. I have tried switching the Aorus off and on. When switching it back on, I heard the windows sound of a device disconnecting and connecting again. The video I was watching also moved to the BenQ while the Aorus was "restarting". When it came back on, I got an NVIDIA notification again to set up G-SYNC. I think that this is the reason of why my taskbar keeps moving from the BenQ to the Aorus.
This does seem very weird to me as I was able to just turn off my older monitors without any issues. Could the problem be caused by the different resolutions my monitors run?
I think I should be able to switch my Aorus off without it completely losing connection to my PC.
Can anyone think of a solution to my problem?

Edit: I seem to have found a way to prevent the toolbar from moving. Up until now, I used a DP1.2 cable to connect the AorusFI27Q to the computer. Now, I have tried using an HDMI cable and voila, the issue is gone. It doesn't matter whether I turn the screen off/on, the taskbar and all windows remain on the screen I had moved them to.
The only potential problem I can see with this is the following: In the NVIDIA settings, I no longer have the option to enable G-SYNC on my FI27Q. I have never used G-SYNC before so I am wondering, is this going to be an issue when gaming on 1440p? Or should I not see any difference when gaming with the HDMI-connection w/o G-SYNC compared to the DP1.2-connection with G-SYNC?

Strangely, I am now experiencing the same issue again regarding the shifting taskbar. Any idea on what might be causing this issue? It is extremely frustrating and I don't know what might be causing it :/