Question New motherboard does not POST

Dec 23, 2018
Hey there,

Recently I bought a new motherboard, new cpu, ram and ssd.
I wanted to upgrade my old pc, so now I've got:
Motherboard: ROG MAXIMUS XI Hero
CPU: i9 9900k
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M
Memory: HyperX Predator RGB 16Gb 2933MHZ (2x8Gb)
PSU: Corsair AX860
GPU: GTX 1080 STRIX
Boot Drive: Samsung 970 EVO NVME 500gb (clean)

So I installed the new parts, try to run it and wouldn't recognize the memory, and had one yellow led in dram. So I updated the BIOS firmware, and now I get the same Led DRAM and a different Q Code (AC) which is "Reserved for ASL..." and says to go to this list of ASL status (there will be pic in the list), I don't know what that means and it doesn't Post...

I've already tried:
Booting with only one dimm
Tried it in dimm slots
Took it out of the case and do the same
Cleared CMOS

Now onnly has the power cables, CPU and cpu cooler, 1 dimm and it's out of the case, doesn't POST and gives me the same Q CODE, AC.

I just wanted know if it's possible to get it working, because I don't know what else to do to make it work...

Thank you,
Best regards

Dec 23, 2018
Try testing with single RAM each slot on board. Make sure that you're inserting it all the way in. Some require more force to do it. See if still DRAM LED lit.
Since that board has usb bios flashback try using it to update the bios(again).
Did you set the RAM as XMP? Install B2 slot? Ask a friend for DDR4 memory because it seems something with wrong with the memory (QLED light of DRAM)
Already tried the two dimms alone in every slot, doesn't work either...

I will download the latest version again and update the BIOS again

No I didn't set the ram as xmp, the pc does not post... But I guess the problem is from the ram...

Thank you all for the help
Best regards

Dec 23, 2018
I think i figured it out, it POSTs now, I used the DIMM Slot B1 (which is not primary) and it did go to the BIOS, I'm now trying to install windows and see if it boots...

I'll update when I get some news, hopefully good news.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help!!
Best Regards

I think i figured it out, it POSTs now, I used the DIMM Slot B1 (which is not primary) and it did go to the BIOS, I'm now trying to install windows and see if it boots...

I'll update when I get some news, hopefully good news.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help!!
Best Regards

If only that slot working, then I suggest removing the CPU and checking the socket for bent pins. You can take a picture of the CPU socket and post it here.