New Motherboard ideas- HP P6157C

gmoro0002

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Hi, I thought a bios update went wrong, but am now realizing that the PC overheated and burned out part of the MB from everything I am reading. Does anyone have any ideas as to what kind of MB I can replace it with thats the same size? I do not game, this would basically be for basic home items such as movies, music, office, etc. I already have multiple licenses for 7pro 64 and office 2010 and most other programs through volume licenses, but I do not know how to tell what size motherboard I need. I would like one with usb3.0 but I do not need it as I can always put it in the pci or expansion port. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
Is your motherboard a standard size?

Edit: Nevermind, it's microATX. Your AM2+ socket is pretty much obsolete now, so you could consider upgrading to a newer CPU and motherboard if you cannot find a microATX AM2+ motherboard within your price range.

Jakku

Reputable
May 18, 2014
Is your motherboard a standard size?

Edit: Nevermind, it's microATX. Your AM2+ socket is pretty much obsolete now, so you could consider upgrading to a newer CPU and motherboard if you cannot find a microATX AM2+ motherboard within your price range.

Solution