[SOLVED] New motherboard in, GPU fans spin for a second and then nothing, no display

plnunn

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Intel Core i5-9600 3.1 GHz 6-Core Processor
ASRock Z390M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING AMP Video Card

So I think a power surge fried my old motherboard and I replaced it. I got it up and running but when I connect the video card the computer will start up, GPU fans spin for a second and then stop and I get no display. If I shut it down and remove the card and connect to on board video it boots up and runs just fine. I've checked the PSU cables several times, reseated them and nothing. Video card is brand new, bought it when I bought the new motherboard. I've reset the BIOS too and that didn't help. Just looking for anything else I can try before I take it to someone and spend money, thanks

Solution
So I think a power surge fried my old motherboard and I replaced it.
1) the power surge may kill the PSU too. 2) or maybe the PSU can't handle the rtx 2060. 3) the GPU is DOA, because you said you can use the onboard iGPU, the iGPU only draw little little power from the PSU.

And try
  1. test the rtx 2060 in other PC.
  2. try other PSU.
  3. try other GPU.
So I think a power surge fried my old motherboard and I replaced it.
1) the power surge may kill the PSU too. 2) or maybe the PSU can't handle the rtx 2060. 3) the GPU is DOA, because you said you can use the onboard iGPU, the iGPU only draw little little power from the PSU.

And try
  1. test the rtx 2060 in other PC.
  2. try other PSU.
  3. try other GPU.

Solution