Question New Motherboard POSTs but won't display anything, and VGA light is on ?

Strife1994

Commendable
Mar 17, 2020
First of all, I have ran through the checklist.

So I have an i7-9700k and I had a low end mobo that I bought to replace my old Z390 prime that died. I bought an asus Z370-A and assembly and etc went smoothly, but when I put the pc together, it wouldn't turn on and it would flash the VGA light. I know this Mobo isn't compatible with the CPU off the box, but I was hoping it would at least post so I could update the bios. That said, if the bios update was the issue the CPU light would flash instead, no? I reassembled everything into my old mobo and it worked. Can someone please give me a hand on what might be happening?

Asus Z370-A
CPU: I7-9700K
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070
32 GB ram

Could inserting another CPU and update the bios fix the issue?

vishvajit

BANNED
Jan 21, 2023
It seems like you're experiencing a few different issues. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the problem:
  1. Run a memory diagnostic tool, such as Memtest86, to test the RAM and check if there are any memory-related issues.
  2. Update the BIOS and chipset drivers of your motherboard.
  3. Test your GPU by running a stress test, such as FurMark, or try swapping it with a different GPU to see if the issue persists.
  4. Check for any overheating issues by monitoring the temperatures of your components while running intensive applications.
  5. Try running the system with the minimum components required (CPU, GPU, RAM, and power supply) to see if the issue is related to any additional components or peripherals.
If the issue persists after trying these steps, you may need to consider an RMA for one of your components or seek professional assistance.