New Nexus 7 Already Listed on Best Buy with SlimPort Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

airanp

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
I was hoping for a technology revolution. Not a 7 inch galaxy s4. Asus and Google could have done better. With a price increase they should have put in a 600 or 800 chip. That would have made this much more desirable.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I've used the Nexus 7 for a while, I might get my own once I see how these work out. Still hoping for a release date version with CDMA/LTE/HSPA access.

HSuke

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009

Sure, they could've done better ... given the $600-700 price tag of a new Galaxy S4

Few people want a 7-inch laptop at ~$500. really the 7-8 inch form factor is perfect for media consumption and light gaming (time-wasters in that waiting room etc). you want fast chips for the smartphone because that's the best you'll have on the go. otherwise you'll have a laptop/desktop for high-end computation/gaming, or content creation.

honestly if this was a speed-demon for say $600... I would skip it and by a GTX780 or something instead

widj

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
Anybody know when is the new Nexus 10 out?

I think 10in is more comfortable than 7in, your thoughts?

PhoneyVirus

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
I would be more then glad to buy the Nexus 7 only if it could play videos and Adobe Flash player die along time ago in favor of HTML 5. I hate it when we take baby steps.

rb420

Distinguished
May 25, 2011

I really hope you are trolling. 1) you can still install flash if you are really determined to. 2) (most of) the rest of the world as adjusted and supports HTML 5, for content that doesn't, see point 1.

PhoneyVirus

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008

If you mean taking a back door to install flash or using Mozilla Firefox buggy browser then ya, I know this because I was going to get one a few months ago. If you can show me without taking a back door then yes and i mean like through Google Play or on adobe website tap the installer and a away we ago, not jump through loops to get the thing running and put up with crashing. A simple YouTube search will tell you different.

rb420

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Well, if you are wary about using apps not officially from play store, have you tried photon flash browser? I haven't but I've heard good things. Give it a shot and post back!

For the record though, some of the most useful apps (ad blockers for example) for android are ONLY available through unofficial channels. Don't be afraid. Explore.

G

kind of wish it was tegra 4 or 4i so i can support team green. if game streaming works well, who knows, i may actually get a shield

scythe944

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html
Android Section

quotas47

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009

As I'm sure you've seen, they've announced there will be a 32GB Version for $349. I'm sure it's GSM LTE

It's likely never going to be CDMA due to the versatility of GSM, and the low cost of only implementing one cellular radio manufacturing system.

They also do it this way because most people carry a cell phone with them, and turning on hotspot (or bluetooth internet sharing) for use with your tablet is cheaper.
The monthly wireless cost for tethering is cheaper, and the tablet device is cheaper without the cellular radio.

That all said, I hope you find a mobile solution that makes you happy.
I currently am stuck with a Blackberry 9630 and cannot share its terrible 3G cellular until I get a new phone.
Still, I am finally interested in getting a Nexus7 for myself after buying two for my mother and sister last year.

PhoneyVirus

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008

That's just the thing I'm sick of exploring and just wish for one week I didn't have to touch a Computer. I wanted to get away from it and sit back in the living room and talk about hardware watch videos and not fight with it, like I said we take baby steps.

Thanks for the reply though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS