News New Nvidia Driver Adds Vulkan Ray Tracing Extensions

And supposedly these extensions work regardless if the GPU has dedicated RT hardware or not. Though actual support is likely limited and there's the issue of performance running this on GPUs without dedicated RT hardware, but it's there.

While I'm sure AMD will add support for the RX 6000 series, part of me wishes they add support down the stack. They could leverage the compute performance on some of their older cards.

I'm pretty sure Sony and MS required all games released needed to support the base models of the consoles, so there couldn't be a PS4 Pro only game.
And supposedly these extensions work regardless if the GPU has dedicated RT hardware or not. Though actual support is likely limited and there's the issue of performance running this on GPUs without dedicated RT hardware, but it's there.

While I'm sure AMD will add support for the RX 6000 series, part of me wishes they add support down the stack. They could leverage the compute performance on some of their older cards.

Adding these extensions is entirely driver-based as well. And yes these extensions will work with any GPU technically as long as the manufacturer supports it in driver.