New parts compatibility

MordekaiR

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014
i have an HP 500-017c
I am looking for a parts list that will bring it up a few notches. I have $1,200 bucks to spend. Can i get some help please? Everything on the comp is stalk. -M

Solution
Here is the problem with that strategy. You have an HP that is built only for HP and the parts they use. You will have a very difficult time finding a motherboard that will fit in their case to upgrade your cpu. Also, you find their cases are not built to upgrade parts, buy a new case, new cpu, motherboard, gpu and psu. You could salvage the hdd and dvd player out of the old.

sourodip

Distinguished
You have a 1200$ budget,so why no build a new PC excluding the OS,monitor and other peripherals?
That A8-5500 is gonna be a bottleneck although some people claim that they are gone with the release of mantle. But mantle is not yet officially released and currently it supports only BF4.So doing a build from a scratch would be best. You can exclude the HDD,optical drive and memory and do a beastly build with a budget of 1200$.Do you need me to do the build?

MordekaiR

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014
thanks for all your answers, and options. I would feel pretty bad if i did not throw some new stuff into this PC, it was a gift. So i would like to just upgrade it. Thank you. -M

Here is the problem with that strategy. You have an HP that is built only for HP and the parts they use. You will have a very difficult time finding a motherboard that will fit in their case to upgrade your cpu. Also, you find their cases are not built to upgrade parts, buy a new case, new cpu, motherboard, gpu and psu. You could salvage the hdd and dvd player out of the old.

Solution

MordekaiR

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014