Question New parts not showing picture

SinfulPride

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2017
So I got new parts, z690 gaming x, 12600k, dark rock pro cooler, 32gb ddr4 3600, plugged everything in, as well as my old parts (two hard drives and my 1070 ti) and I'm only getting a black screen when I power it up. Everything lights up, all the fans are spinning properly, just no picture

SinfulPride

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2017

SinfulPride

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2017
Seems to not have been enough...

Follow the clean install tutorial.

Read it, do a walk through, have everything ready. Make notes to yourself.

Should be fairly smooth thereafter.
I also should note I just realized cpu red light was on. I repeated cpu and tried different ram slots, 1 ram, reset the cmos, but the light still on. I assume that's why no picture (or more correctly, my monitor says no signal)

Ralston18

Titan
CPU red light: may be a defective, faulty, or improperly installed connector.

Are you absolutely sure that the motherboard supports the CPU? Details matter.

Refer to the motherboard's User Guide/Manual and the manufacturer's website as to the meaning(s) of that CPU red light. Any beep codes or LED light codes?

= = = =

Other potential issues, concerns, and questions:

Did you change PSUs? Or use connecting cables from various PSUs?

How is the monitor connected: GPU, iGPU (if supported), video cable = DVI, HDMI, DP? Known working monitor and video cable?

You must also read/review the applicable User Guides/Manuals for the GPU and monitor.

Was the first RAM module installed in the correct RAM slot? Some motherboards require that the first installed RAM module be placed in a specific RAM slot.

SinfulPride

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2017
CPU red light: may be a defective, faulty, or improperly installed connector.

Are you absolutely sure that the motherboard supports the CPU? Details matter.

Refer to the motherboard's User Guide/Manual and the manufacturer's website as to the meaning(s) of that CPU red light. Any beep codes or LED light codes?

= = = =

Other potential issues, concerns, and questions:

Did you change PSUs? Or use connecting cables from various PSUs?

How is the monitor connected: GPU, iGPU (if supported), video cable = DVI, HDMI, DP? Known working monitor and video cable?

You must also read/review the applicable User Guides/Manuals for the GPU and monitor.

Was the first RAM module installed in the correct RAM slot? Some motherboards require that the first installed RAM module be placed in a specific RAM slot.
Yeah I checked before buying, 12600k is z690 mobos, the ram is in the right slots, as for beeping or codes, just the red cpu light. Using old psu, it's a g3 evga 850 wat 80+ gold, and I'm using hdmi. Tried both hdmi slots.