Question New PC Build Constant Crashing in Games

Jun 22, 2024
Hey Everyone,

Recently built a new pc for helldivers 2. Was super excited to play at max settings but quickly realized that I was blue screening and crashing left and right. After some tinkering, I found out that I could play the game by lowering the settings to 1080p rather than 1440. I attributed the crashes to helldivers 2 just launching and being a buggy mess. Fast forward to now and I am super stoked to play the new Elden ring dlc. I launched it 2 days ago and found it that it too would crash on any setting higher than 1080p. I tried different solutions, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some things that I have noticed:
Games work on 1080 and basic settings. Benchmark programs work perfectly fine, even at the higher setting (3D Mark). Bought it in to a repair shop, they said it was packet lose and it should be fixed, its is not. Reinstalled windows multiple times and still crashes. Helldivers gets blue screen of death and game crashes back to desktop. Elden Ring just stops and goes back to desk top after running for a while. Bought a new HDMI cable, nothing. Got a windows event viewer error. Not sure if that is helpful. Updated and reinstalled drivers multiple times both in the cpu and the gpu. Pc Runs fine as long as your not playing games

My Build:
Ryzen 7 7700X
B650-P
Flare X5 Series 32GB
Nvidia Geforce 4070 Super
Rm750e 750 Watt
Windows 11
Platinum p41 2tb

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Apologize if I said something silly or left out information. I only know the fundamentals of pc building

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 15, 2024
Maybe you have a problem with bios version on the motherboard like mine which is msi but i,m on intel platform

Or maybe u have very high current limit and PL1 PL2 which is not good.or maybe overclock