Question New PC build - CPU FTPM NV Corrupted

Corroshi

Prominent
Nov 8, 2022
I just built my new pc, which has an Asus TUF Gaming B650 plus and a Ryzen 5 7600x at it's core. When I finished the build out of completely new store bought parts, I encountered the following error: CPU FTPM NV Corrupted, press y to wipe and reinstall
Or
Press N to continue without resetting.

I promptly read online and went ahead with the Y (yes) option. Now when I boot my pc the screen stays glitched and nothing happens, but the PC stays turned on. How do I go about troubleshooting this?

Note: the pc displayed the error message without any glitching, the glitching started only after going ahead with the Y option.

Corroshi

Prominent
Nov 8, 2022
I tried flashing cmos using the battery method, and it didn't work. Also swapped the batter for a new one and I'm encountering the same issue. Here's a photo
Gg52aza.jpeg

Corroshi

Prominent
Nov 8, 2022
I have an update.
Hey there,

You'll have to clear CMOS, to be sure.

Try these methods. Once done correctly, you should be able to acess the bios. Then you can go from there.
I got it to boot to bios using the integrated graphics DP connector. The gpu bodoted to bios once, and after that refuses to boot again. It did it randomly. When DP connected directly to motherboard, it boots and shoes the picture perfectly fine. I wonder what's causing this 🤔. I tried swapping the power cable for the gpu and swapping PCIE slots. Didn't help. Any ideas?

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
I have an update.

I got it to boot to bios using the integrated graphics DP connector. The gpu bodoted to bios once, and after that refuses to boot again. It did it randomly. When DP connected directly to motherboard, it boots and shoes the picture perfectly fine. I wonder what's causing this 🤔. I tried swapping the power cable for the gpu and swapping PCIE slots. Didn't help. Any ideas?
Of the top of my head it looks like a faulty GPU, or DP cable/port.

Full system specs please?

Try with another GPU if you can borrow one. The iGPU works fine so your motherboard is fine. You're getting display from the motherboard port because the CPU has an integrated GPU on it.
Something is wrong with your GPU, or CPU since it reported that error.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
I will try clearing CMOS. I have a new matching battery in store. Should I try replacing it with a new one?
Yes, it won't hurt.

When you cleared CMOS, were you presented to a different screen than normal boot up? Did you have to press a key to get into the bios after the first boot after CMOS?

Agree with @35below0 it's possible the GPU is faulty.

You might take the GPU out and checke the connections are free of any dust/debris. And the same for the PCIe socket. A can of compressed air would be helpful.

TRENDING THREADS