[SOLVED] New pc build doesn't work

Aug 4, 2020
So I just build a new pc and everything seems to work on the inside, but there is no display. I think I plugged everything and I checked it all like 50 times, switched my ram, run the pc with some stuff unplugged, but nothing changes.

My spec

abit an8 32x - motherboard
Thermal take smart 500W - power supply
I don't acully know my cpu as I got it from my dad and it was already in the motherboard
Gtx 760 graphic card
I have a cd-rom, but it's not plugged in as I am waiting for a data cable to be delivered
WD blue 1TB PC Hard drive
a-tech 1gb ram x2

I am not that great with this stuff but if you need more info just let me know

Solution
The motherboard is a socket 939, a real throwback to the early years of dual core chips. circa 2005. At this point, your phone is faster then it.

I also am not sure if it supports 1TB hard drives, older boards had a limit on recognizable storage...it's been a while since then so I can't quite recall, I had a problem with a drive on a pentium D which is the same era.

You're likely going to have to use windows 7 or xp, or better yet a linux distro to deal with the lack of resources.

Snoobaa

Reputable
Feb 13, 2020
So I just build a new pc and everything seems to work on the inside, but there is no display. I think I plugged everything and I checked it all like 50 times, switched my ram, run the pc with some stuff unplugged, but nothing changes.

My spec

abit an8 32x - motherboard
Thermal take smart 500W - power supply
I don't acully know my cpu as I got it from my dad and it was already in the motherboard
Gtx 760 graphic card
I have a cd-rom, but it's not plugged in as I am waiting for a data cable to be delivered
WD blue 1TB PC Hard drive
a-tech 1gb ram x2

I am not that great with this stuff but if you need more info just let me know
your PC has 2GB of RAM?! Please tell me that's a typo. If not... upgrade that ASAP. That'd barely run windows with a word document open.

Aug 4, 2020
Have you gone through all relevant steps here?

What is your intent on using a 15 year old pc paired with a relatively modern gpu(and far too strong gpu)? Just browsing the net and email?
So the idea is to 1 have something better than I used to have and 2 to actually have a pc, as in my last on, the motherboard died in it and it was quite old pc. I used some parts I already had at home or rather I should say that my dad gave me some of his spare parts, like the motherboard and the graphic card.

Anout POST, you mean the number thing? If yes, it works, but I never had a motherboard like that and I don't get it really. It shows like 2 or 3 number really quickly and than goes to 90 (I think 90,because it actually shows 60,vut I couldn't find anything about 60 and I read on one forum that it is upside-down)

Aug 4, 2020
your PC has 2GB of RAM?! Please tell me that's a typo. If not... upgrade that ASAP. That'd barely run windows with a word document open.
Right now I just want the pc to work, when I can upgrade the ram I will, but I need money. So right now I am perfectly content with being able to just use the Internet. I bought cheap ram for now as I had to buy a few other parts

The motherboard is a socket 939, a real throwback to the early years of dual core chips. circa 2005. At this point, your phone is faster then it.

I also am not sure if it supports 1TB hard drives, older boards had a limit on recognizable storage...it's been a while since then so I can't quite recall, I had a problem with a drive on a pentium D which is the same era.

You're likely going to have to use windows 7 or xp, or better yet a linux distro to deal with the lack of resources.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS