New PC build has lots of BSOD's

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
Hello, I recently built a new gaming rig and i'm having a lot of trouble with system stability. The system seems to run fine for normal web browsing activities, but once i start gaming on it, there's a chance for some random bluescreen error to pop up.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-G3M0DMS
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU SKU
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0804, 2018-07-09
SMBIOS Version 3.1
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
It's running a Crosshair hero VII (wi-fi)
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.285"
User Name DESKTOP-G3M0DMS\Michael
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 11.2 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 10.9 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

I'm running an xc 2080 from EVGA, it's not overclocked or anything.
i've got 16gb of g skill ripjaws ddr4 it's supposed to clock to 3200mhz but i found the system is a bit more stable with 2933mhz, though this could just be my own bias.
All of the parts are brand new and not used. The system has a 500gb samsung evo 860 for it's boot drive and a 1tb samsuing 860 evo for it's second hard drive for game storage.

The computer has been throwing blue screen errors at me pretty much from day one, i've tried clean installing the nvidia drivers, running the default bios settings, flashing the bios. Generally speaking the BSOD's come when i'm gaming, ARK really seems to blue screen a lot but the witcher 3 and skyrim SE have also had bluescreen happen during gaming. I'm at my witts end with how to repair this pc.

Another thing the system does is randomly shut off. This usually seems to happen when i'm stress testing it or gaming, the system will just power off completely, and the only way to get the power button to function again is to flip the power supply's switch on and then off. I'm not sure whether or not the motherboard or some component is causing the issue. All of the fans the system has seem to be running smoothly and the 850 watt power supply is more than enough considering the fact i'm not overclocking the cpu or graphics card.

so the first system failure had the following information
Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: ab
Parameter 1: 2
Parameter 2: 2e0
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 17
OS version: 10_0_17134
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 4105

followed by this bluescreen
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Code: 4e
Parameter 1: 99
Parameter 2: 3ade7b
Parameter 3: 2
Parameter 4: a0003a0003ade7a

following this it had another couple of bluescreens
Problem signature
Code: 19
Parameter 1: 20
Parameter 2: ffffc58c9c2f5000
Parameter 3: ffffc58c9c2f5730
Parameter 4: 5730100

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 0x19_20_nt!EtwpEnumerateAddressSpace

and then this blue screen
Problem signature
Code: c2
Parameter 1: 7
Parameter 2: 666e6477
Parameter 3: 4050004
Parameter 4: ffffcc0371dfd160

Bucket ID: 0xc2_7_wdnf_nvlddmkm!CMemoryAllocator::freeMemoryWithTag

which was then followed by this blue screen
Problem signature
Code: 119
Parameter 1: 10000
Parameter 2: ffff958aef468000
Parameter 3: ffff958af41c3ac0
Parameter 4: 0

Bucket ID: 0x119_10000_UNKNOWN_dxgmms2!VidSchiSetFlipDevice

then after another couple of days i got this blue screen
Problem signature
Parameter 1: 4
Parameter 2: 51bb36a3
Parameter 3: 681a4d27
Parameter 4: ffffb206fdac53b8

Bucket ID: 0xc2_4_dxgmms2!operator_delete

followed by this one
Problem signature
Code: 19
Parameter 1: 20
Parameter 2: ffffbd043faa6e20
Parameter 3: ffffbd043faa6e90
Parameter 4: 407042b

Bucket ID: 0x19_20_nt!MiRemoveSecureEntry

followed by
Problem signature
Parameter 2: 4d52564e
Parameter 3: 4050004
Parameter 4: ffff8506af875730

Bucket ID: 0xc2_7_NVRM_nvlddmkm!CMemoryAllocator::freeMemoryWithTag

this was then followed by
Problem signature
Code: 139
Parameter 1: 1d
Parameter 2: ffff8c07d19870d0
Parameter 3: ffff8c07d1987028

Bucket ID: 0x139_1d_INVALID_BALANCED_TREE_nt!RtlAvlRemoveNode

this issue was then followed by
Problem signature
Parameter 2: 4d52564e
Parameter 3: 50005
Parameter 4: ffffd38363745e30

Bucket ID: CORRUPT_MODULELIST_0xc2_7

another bluescreen followed
Problem signature
Code: 3b
Parameter 1: c0000005
Parameter 2: fffff803b08224d8
Parameter 3: ffff9b8f58b7fab0

Bucket ID: 0x3B_nt!MiRemoveSharedCommitNode

with this one following
Problem signature
Parameter 1: 4
Parameter 2: ffffac05
Parameter 3: a8b50280
Parameter 4: ffffac05a78859c0

Bucket ID: 0xc2_4_nvlddmkm!CMemoryAllocator::freeMemoryWithTag

Today the computer didn't bluescreen but it shut down randomly and required me to flip the power button switch to turn it on. I don't really know what to make of these blue screens as multiple components are pointed at. I was wondering if the GPU's vram could be at fault for the errors because i ran a prime 95 memory and cpu test for about 20 hours consecutively and the system didn't bluescreen or freeze at all during that time period. Let me know if i can provide any other information, i'll be watching this thread fairly frequently, and i'd appreciate any help i could get with the issues. Thank you in advance.

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
Once I clean install the windows is it safe to begin plugging in the drives again

I just can not say for certain. when people wipe drives, they might not wipe the reserved partition, the master boot record and partition data. You can have malware infecting them. if someone really wants to they can infect a bios and install code. I just don't work on these type of problems so I don't know what the current level of attacks would be.
generally, it is easier to get you to install the malware as part of something you think you need to install and once you get that done, a hacker would attempt to apply known hacks to expand the attack on the system.

open ports in the router to allow automated remote connections and automated updates would be the way to go for a hack. I would stop your machines firewall or open a port, then stop your local copies of the antivirus software.
I would even go and install a piece of a anti malware driver to block Microsoft anti malware driver from running.

I don't work on these problems, just because it takes a lot of time to figure out problem when software is trying to hide from you. Most of these require full memory dumps to figure out.

for most simple bugchecks, I generally only look at them for under 2 minutes. just a quick scan for problems.
I tend to punt the problem when it looks like rootkits, malware, viruses or hacks attempting to hide in the pagefile.sys

I can think of so many ways to infect a system, and they would just take a lot of effort to rule them out.

Sorry if it is not too much help. you just got to scan your software before you install or run anything.
You can not trust any device connected to your machine (other machines on the network included)

I have sat down with a neighbor who keep having virus issues and watched each step she did, until I found one that was wrong. (it was running google query to get adobe flash player, she picked the first returned result which was a paid malware ad that looked like the real install) people tell you they picked the correct website but you have to really check.

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
Hmm that's interesting. I'm fairly certain that I only downloaded things off legitimate sites, like steam, chrome and so on. Is there a way to detect if the bios is hacked?
When I clean installed this copy of windows, I ended up using the options when installing windows to format the current windows drive. Would that be the safest and best way to remove the issue.

Secondly, when I first installed windows on this computer I copied the user folder from a previous computer and then ended up just pasting it on this computer and I didn't really think anything of it. I haven't done that recently, but maybe it's best to simply completely format all of the drives. to prevent any issues.

I know I downloaded some files for modding skyrim off the nexus website but these are scanned and generally used by thousands of people so I don't really expect them to have any viruses.

The other difficult thing, is that the computer seemed to be infected off of a clean install without me doing anything outside of applying updates to the computer. I even had my brother make the copy of windows on his computer to try and rule out a virus getting the installer. Is there any way to verify the integrity of windows before I go to clean install it? I think the plug in ssd is probably the most vulnerable because it's the only drive that has a lot of files from a bunch of different computers, so maybe formatting it is the best way to potentially rule it out?

Before I go down and try to fix this, would booting in safe mode and forcing a crash help us to diagnose anything?

Again, i'd like to thank you for all the work and effort you've put into helping me. I don't think I would've been able to assess the scale of the issues without your help.

I have access to Norton as well, would running Norton provide any additional benefits over say MBAM?

Something I thought that might help, maybe installing via my windows cd is the best way to make sure that I don't get any malware on the system? I figure that might be the hardest copy of windows for any potential malware to infect?

I guess a final question, is it safe to keep any of my regular files or is it best to simply restart with everything? I would like to keep some of my old school files, excel sheets and some save games. I don't really know if there's anything wrong with keeping these and your input would be greatly appreciated when it comes to solving this.

you could save the bios off to a file and file compare to the orignal version the check to see what the differneces were.
it would just be better to reflash the bios from a known good bios version.
NSA leaked out bios hack tools 2 years ago, and they were put up on wiki leaks
https://www.wired.com/2015/03/researchers-uncover-way-hack-bios-undermine-secure-operating-systems/
now there have been a bunch of changes to block some of the hacks.

if I was concerned about a virus in the reserved partition, I would wipe the partition table and set up everything again. or maybe boot into safe mode and run
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
(which should rewrite the masterboot record)
it might be better to use this command to replace all of the various files
bcdboot C:\Windows /v (you might have to use the /f switch and specify your firmware type )
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/bcdboot-command-line-options-techref-di
best just to do the full install and let the system make the reserve partition and place all of the files while going thru the full setup. the CD version of windows will not have any modifications but will require more updates to get to the final version.

I would not reuse the old user directory, the security identifiers will not be correct for the account anyway. These generated at the time of the account creation when the new reinstall is done. (same username but different SID)

games mods are the best way to get your system infected. script kiddies will make custom modifications to virus kits and put them on their server to share out. often these will not be picked up as a virus since they have been customized.
plus, the hacker who wants to run bitcoin mining would want to run them on a machine with a good video card. IE a good graphics card that can run games. you might run the tools in a hypervisor virtual machine so you just infect a copy of the OS that runs in a virtual machine, then when you turn off or restart the virtual machine it goes back to the original state.

I don't think I have ever tried a forced dump on a safe mode system. I am not sure it would help or not.
I am not sure what kind of dump you would get. (minidump or kernel, would the registry setting to force the dump be there in safe mode, just never attempted it)

I just use Malwarebytes free scan every once and a while.
most of the time I just use windows defender. if I see something strange, happen I clear my internet cache and run a quick Malwarebytes scan.

stdragon

Admirable
Rootkits are rare, but there are ways to detect them. An infected BIOS is not likely. Too many make/model of system boards to make specific versions, and even then you have to flash it in EEPROM. Honestly, about the only way you're going to get a virus infected BIOS file is if you downloaded the update from some dubious source rather then direct from the manufacture; which is where you should be going in the first place.

As for rootkits on the drive, well, you could always wipe the drive with a vendor factory reset tool or low level format if it's an HDD.

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
So, I unplugged all unnecessary peripherals, and disconnected the harddrives that were not the hard drive I was going to use as my system drive. I also flashed the bios before installing windows to make sure that there wasn't the risk of a bios virus. I did not install or uninstall anything. Pretty much instantly after the install finished I set the system to kernel dump and forced a blue screen.

If there's nothing wrong with this windows, i'll probably proceed to plug in drives, if there is a way for me to error check this or make sure that nothing is corrupted myself that would be ideal because I don't want to bog any of you down with error checking this. Ideally I'd error check each device/drive as I plug them into the computer.

I set windows update to only download updates directly from Microsoft. I plan on doing a windows update now. I'll force a BSOD immediately after it finishes updating to make sure that nothing funky is going on with my windows.

I took a screenshot of the updates that windows is doing, here's a link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NDgb_X1WiDiZ50BYxaDwmN9E0qDR8Ze1

Here's a link to that file. If this copy of windows is alright after install.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FK4UE3YKliCPTuswY8aKmXTX9QTam_X4

Here's a link to the kernel dump after the windows updates.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IHe2wGBcP_dQLERZ4pumiduIoOKs_mZX

I am trying to think of a hardware problem that would cause a memory dump corruption. The only thing i can think of would be a chip that is not properly soldered. Such that it makes and breaks a connection with temp changes.
I had that happen to me in 2006 and it would cause my system to crash on the first boot of each day. Took 30 days to figure it out and find the chip.
(it was on a memory stick under a heat sink, I had to take off the heat sink and look at it under stereoscope to see that one of the memory lines did not have solder on it. When the machine did a cold boot, the address line was disconnnectd, and 15 second after the memory had power it would heat up and make the connection and the memory address would change by a block.
but by this time windows had allready loaded most of its drivers so they would bugcheck when it tried to use the address. The machine would work find until it was turnned off for 30 mins and cooled down then the problem would repeat. The system would pass all memory tests.

problems like this can be anywhere in the system.
you end up swapping hardware until you isolate the problem.

it does not explain why certain files were modified on your system with a clean instatll. (so you would have to have more than one problem going on)

you could install your windows on another machine and see if that machine shows corruption of the files. (in case someone sold you a hacked windows disk)

you can try a different drive to elimante the drive as the cause. (cache bug in the drive)

you can try a different sata controller (most motherboards have 2)
generally the one supported by the cpu works the best, but is slower.

you can try a different port. (some motherboard use certain ports to special OEM only modes, generally a high numberd port like 4 or 5)

you can split out half of your memory and test.
you can put your memory in different slots.

you might have to increase the voltage on your memory slightly .

sorry, just thinking of what could be the cause.
you might try a different memory dump type.

-----------------------------
I don't know what to tell you. each memory dump seemed to have a modified kernel.
the memory dump after the windows updated had less modified files but still showed problems.

maybe there is something wrong with the hardware and the memory dump is getting corrupted while it is being produced? I do not know why that would modify the nt kernel and the user kernel files.

if you know your windows copy is good, I would make hardware changes.
put your drive on a different sata port or controller, pull half of your memory or put it in a different slots.
check your drive for firmware issues.

pull your graphics card and use a cheap replacement.

you might go to back to a minidump and see if the minidump shows corruption. just in case this is something broken in the debugger. (but I am only seeing it with your machine)

turn off any fastboot options

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
Interesting, I think it could potentially be the motherboard itself. I actually got new ram that was on the QVL list for compatibility with the motherboard to rule out a ram issue. Would a faulty graphics card be able to cause this issue? If not I suppose the only culprits could be the CPU or the motherboard?

I can try to do a clean install on one of the other HDD's the computer has to see if they're able to run windows stably.

0: kd> !sysinfo cpuinfo
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3693
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor
Update Status = REG_DWORD 1
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD

you have version 2 of this chip. normally windows will load a microcode patch to fix known bugs in the cpu. but, the function in the debugger just returns a error.

windows loads this file for the fixes:
\SystemRoot\system32\mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll

normally I would just look up the cpu and see what the known errors are. I just don't know where AMD provides access to the data.

I will see if I can find AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2 errata

(I do know for the location for intel cpus)

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
I guess my question to follow up on this, is could updating the chipset drivers that asus provides potentially fix this issue?

Also, I ran inspectre that stdragon linked, and it said there isn't a microcode update available for my cpu.

maybe run the software directly from amd
https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-7-2700x

looks like there are various updates that are delivered by the software. just be sure to uninstall old versions when new ones come out. I have not used it, only have seen peopld have problems when they had a old version and it installed a custom microcode cpu update. then they later updated the BIOS which provided the proper updates, then the old driver installed the old microcode update and overwrote the bios update. (if that makes sense to you) (new bios update overwritten by a old microcode dll installed as a windows driver, the readme told the people to uninstall before the update but people don't read it)
three sources of cpu microcode updates can get confusing. (bios update is one, amd microcode update is another, and the Microsoft windows amd microcode is another. I assume what ever the motherboard vendor has will be put into a bios update.

the amd software looks like it does a lot of tweaking, depending on what power settings you have set.

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
Okay so I ran the software and installed the updates, should I force a crash now and upload the kernel dump?
Also if this doesn't work is it best to RMA components while they still have warranty, given that I don't really have anyone who is willing to let me test components from their pc in mine?

Also, something interesting that is going on with my pc is that when I go to run an executable to install a program say the AMD update for example. My computer says that smart screen isn't available and it just asks me whether or not I would like to run the program. Do you think this is linked to the issues I'm having?

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
Hello,

I unplugged my main SSD, and then clean installed windows on a HDD that I was planning to use as a storage drive for this computer. When the media creation tool asked me to select a hard drive I made sure to format and delete all of the old partitions on the drive to make sure it wouldn't have any system remnants. The install went smoothly and didn't seem to have any hiccups. I created a manual kernel dump and I was wondering if you could look it over. I read online that a potential cause for windows kernel corruption could be a poorly pushed in sata connection. So I figured this would be a good way to rule that out as a potential cause. This HDD is also plugged into either the 3rd or 4th sata connection so it could also potentially be a solution via a higher sata port.

Something else I read that could potentially be a solution is trying a clean install after I unplug the computer for a few minutes. Apparently this prevents things that could be dormant in the memory from being an issue. I'm not sure if this would help but those are my thoughts currently for troubleshooting the pc.

Let me know if there are any alternative options you think I should consider before going down this route.

Here's a link to the new dump file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R7OL6WgjlvgyaWvLkFQF3d7osFw6zhZY/view?usp=sharing

kernel still shows as modified,
try and change your memory dump type to a full memory dump. maybe there has been some sort of change in how memory dumps are saved.

basically the second drive did not effect the dump
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/varieties-of-kernel-mode-dump-files

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
Hello, I've switched back to using the SSD as the main boot drive, and I forced a full memory dump. Something I was wondering is, could the motherboard potentially modify the kernel files because it has some form of custom software on it for AMD chips or something? I was reading online that sometimes updating a graphics card driver can change the windows files because the software from Nvidia overrides the windows files. I'm not an expert at all, but it's just something I was considering.

Another interesting thing is that every time I clean install on the computer I get asked by windows to install asus armoury. I'm not sure if it's pre-loaded onto the motherboard or not, but could this be an area the bug is situated in?

Secondly, i'm not sure if this is relevant, but my computer won't restart itself after a BSOD, so in general once it reaches 100% completion on the bluescreen page, I tend to just manually power down the computer and re-boot it, could this cause the memory corruption?

Also here's a link to the full memory dump
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J0pPp4p9CzDP1WaM1JsMWocQWffHRO5P

just looked at another kernel memory dump from someone else that looked like it had the same kernel changes and the same type of problems as your build. different hardware vendor for the motherboard.

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
So do you think the graphics card is the issue then? considering I've seen issues with the new cards having bluescreening problems?

It is highly possible, because your search is quite exhaustive at this point. Can you borrow a GPU from a friend which is in working condition and check it in your system? Also, this may seem basic, but is your RAM composed of different sticks? Can you find a working PSU from a friend and try out the PC with it, given it is of good quality and sufficient power?

the systems had different motherboard, different cpu families both had the same build of windows, both had a nvidia gpu driver. both had a modified nt kernel (same changes)

something made the kernel change. maybe it was there on the clean install, maybe something modified it.
I am on a newer build so I can not check on my 2 machines. maybe there is a easy way to extract the file from the image and do a binary file compare with the one on your system to see if it is changed.

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
Do you know what file it is? Maybe i can copy it and compress it in a zip? I'm not sure how i would extract it easily.

Something that could maybe be the culprit is the 2000 series graphics cards from nvidia? I've seen a few articles and posts around the internet of them causing crashing via g sync and high refresh rate displays. not all of the codes matched the codes i was getting but do you think the new nvidia software and cards could be what's pushing the change in the registry?

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
The ram is two sticks that are the same, and i've swapped ram from the original ram, so i doubt it's the issue. I don't really have any friends that are want to give up their pcs for a couple of days for me to do some testing. Plus i don't want to risk having their computer develop quirks because of the swapped components.

I would think it would be some of the add on software that you get when you install the nvidia drivers directly from nvidia.
I think in both cases strange things were going on in this software.

I don't think the other machine had one of the new cards.

I think something is hacking into the nvidia support software or it is being replaced.
maybe something putting out fake updates for the gforce experience software.
(I don't run it because of its use of network connections and I like to control my updates and not leave 3rd party update programs running in memory)
autoruns can disable tasks in the task scheduler also, so they will not reinstalled after you remove them.
(all this is speculation, just something to consider like malware getting installed by sending fake updates to adobe software, or NSA/FBI sending fake updates to a phone so they can use it to snoop)

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
That's what makes it odd in my mind too. Maybe a clean install after unplugging the system would fix the issue? I read that that clears anything that's left in memory so it could potentially protect the system if something was stuck in the memory.

I don't generally allow my programs to auto update though. Furthermore, the only nvidia drivers that the computer has had for the recent dump uploads are the ones that windows installs by default when it detects the gpu.

Do you think that component swapping while doing clean installs is the best way to test for this issue?

thedude79

Proper
Nov 2, 2018
So, I ended up plugging all the old drives in and clean installing windows while wiping all of them. I wanted to see if i could get the system to bluescreen again, despite the new ram and clean install. I was successful in doing so.

I got the system to freeze playing Ark, the first time it froze it didn't bluescreen but the program crashed listing a bunch of nvidia and physx errors.

I then booted up ark again and very quickly the system bluescreened once more. Here's a link to the kernel dump
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SaAmeRQjaIE6eddeQk6CTyrufx5UcnXt/view?usp=sharing

Also when i was cleaning windows, the install froze saying the OOBE was not ready. It was really easy to fix i just needed to tell the system to retry.

something else that's odd with the system is that windows smart screen doesn't work and it hasn't worked on any of my installations since the first. it just doesn't seem to run at all. I'm not really sure where to go or how to proceed troubleshooting wise, i might see if i can convince one of my friends to help my test hardware wise. If i swap components, is it necessary to perform a clean install each time i do to ensure that that component isn't what's corrupting the windows kernel?

i might run the system overnight in a game to see if i can get it to bluescreen with a game that isn't ark to make sure that ark isn't the problem.

TRENDING THREADS