New pc build hdd problem

jamesmak

Reputable
Jan 19, 2018
So im starting a new pc build project and went to fresh install my Windows OS. But it seems like it cant create a partition on the hdd. I opened it at diskpart from a secondary OS and it came up with an error. I can't list the error cause it's in greek but a rough translation would be "Cyclic Redundancy Check".

Pc specs:
CPU: Ryzen 2400G
RAM: 2x4 HyperX Fury
PSU: Masterwatt lite 500 230V
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
MOBO: ASUS B450M-A
GPU: -

Thank you

Solution

Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) = a physically dead drive.
Replace.

jamesmak

Reputable
Jan 19, 2018
It didnt have any existing partitions. Although when I cleaned it through CMD it completly did it. When i typed create partition primary that's when this error occurs.

Asoroka
I can't take a screenshot because as I said everything is listed in the Greek language.

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
I assume that running Window install does not work (invalid disk).
At that point you can't select the disk and delete all partitions and start fresh.

Can you try a linux distribution (ubuntu). If that does not work then you will need a new disk.

Normally a CRC error can be fixed by running chkdsk, a repartition and format should fix it.

Can you take the disk to another computer and try checking and formatting it there?

jamesmak

Reputable
Jan 19, 2018
@asoroka
I put the disk in my main pc and it didn't come up. I couldnt even run chkdsk. It only recognised my other 2 disks (my own ssd and hdd). I opened disk management and it marked it as bad. When I tried to initialize it and give it a partition it came up with the CRC error. Im at a loss should I DoA it for a new one?

USAFRet

Titan

Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) = a physically dead drive.
Replace.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS