new pc build july 2017

heyman11

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
hello there

i have a question about this pc build can you please tell me if this build is okay and if it is balanced etc?

0)Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass
1)nzxt x62 kraken
2)Intel Core i7-7700K
3)ASUS Prime Z270-A
4)Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4 Kit 2666
5)EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80 Plus Gold 650 Watt
6)EVGA 1070 8GB
7)250gb ssd samsung, 500gb hhd

Solution

Depends, i'd change some things to suit my own uses and preferences but overall i agree with Ninja, it's not a bad build. The parts will serve your purpose well and judging from the RAM, Case and Cooler choices it will look very nice aesthetically. The only things i'd consider changing if i was building a similar PC would be a Ryzen 1700 (for the reasons stated in my first comment, future-proofing and pretty much identical Gaming performance since you're playing at 60 Hz, even a Ryzen 1600...

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
Not a bad build, firstly what are using this for primarily? (Gaming, Editing, Streaming, Rendering, etc). And what Monitor do you intend on using? If you haven't decided on a Monitor yet, are you thinking 1080p 144 Hz, 1440p 60 Hz, etc. That'll help with choosing the right GPU and CPU for your build. The build seems mostly balanced overall except you didn't include any Storage. You may want to consider a Ryzen 1600 or 1700/1800 for a similar price if you are not just strictly Gaming at a high refresh rate. If it's below 120 Hz, i'd opt for the Ryzen for sure simply for the higher Core/Thread count to help keep your CPU more relevant in the years to come. Although the 7700K is the best performer in Gaming now by a slight margin, this will shift as Games are more widely accepting of Core/Thread counts at 6 or greater and the slightly higher max FPS of the 7700K is only really noticeable if you're going for a high refresh rate as i mentioned. The Case, Power Supply and Motherboard are all good choices. Hope this helps :)

heyman11

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

hello im going only for gaming not for edit, etc but i had do my research ;p i had read that 7700k is better on single core performance so for games i think is better.Its not about im a fanboy or something but i want a intel possessor Im using a dell 1080p monitor 60hz but after i will build my pc i will go for 2k monitor when the prices goes down. basically i want my pc runs anything at max settings.

heyman11

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

thanks for your reply but im going for intel build ..so you are telling me if i go for amd build will last longer? in my opinion there is not such thing about future-proof .. technology everyday is growing more and more

Ryzen and Kabylake can run them on max settings, the thing is, many bench shows that i7 had some stutter here and there especially on CPU-intensive games, meaning 4c/8t won't cut it anymore, and games are starting to utilize more cores/threads, in other word, ryzen had better futureproofing. also, people said that ryzen had higher minimum fps although they do have less maximum fps than the kabylake (single core speed matters here) but this means Ryzen is much more stable, having a low gap between min-max fps means u won't have any big dips or sudden freeze during gaming.

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador

In that case you should very much be able to achieve your running max settings goal in most games at 1080p 60 Hz. A GTX 1070 / i7 7700K should do that for most games excluding a few that might be un-optimised. I wouldn't expect a GTX 1070 to run max settings in all games at 2K at 60+ FPS but it'll still be a solid card and will at least push High in most modern games. 1080p 60 Hz will be mostly a breeze for this setup and 2K will be a great choice with this build. :)

Here are some GTX 1070 Benchmarks with semi-recent games if you want to see some numbers for yourself. (They try 1080p, 1440p and 4K, keeps up well with 1080p and mostly consistent at 1440p but begins to struggle at 4K (Shouldn't be relevant to you anyway if you're going to 2K soon). > http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-review.

Can be vastly improved, @Constantine, you're not quite right in regards to the i7, 8 threads is still plenty, it's just moreover that given the 1700 performs the same as the 7700k (both at stock) above 1080p in gaming, and beats it in other applications with a higher thread count as a bonus.
The 7700k doesn't really have any advantages, and with newer engines and APIs with higher thread utilization the Ryzen will see much more long term performance.

@OP, as an owner of the Evolv ATX TG, I can say while I initially liked it's design, working with it has proven to be a pain, mainly due to very flat cable management in the back, extremely annoying side panels.
In building and swapping out hardware, it's annoying to keep twisting off those bloody thumbscrews four times on each side, and cable management at the back is a little flat, as in you have to REALLY squeeze that panel on tight which is another hindrance, meaning the thumbscrews are harder to get back on, and their felt coating wears down.
For a high end case, get the Dark Base 900 Pro, the best case available hands down.
It has the quietest fans on the market; the Silent Wings 3, noise dampening foam, a tempered glass panel, and Qi Wireless charging on the top of the case, so you can plonk your phone down to charge after entering your steam guard or battle.net code. :)

What's your budget?
I'll sort you out.
Include monitor situation, what you need included in the budget and anything else.

heyman11

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

Hey
my budget is around 1700 euro but i like that case that i had choose to buy. btw my question is this build is balanced if it is okay etc.. i didnt open this case for helping me choose processor or case etc. this message applies for everyone here no hurt feelings or hate i just want to clear what is the point of this case thanks for your time :)

heyman11

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

thanks for your kind words :D

It's very poorly balanced, you've gone over the top in some areas where you could easily have gotten a 1080 Ti. You should also get at least a 1-2TB HDD.
Wait....are you that guy from Bosnia?
If so, don't make duplicate threads.

Edit: Sorry for any offence caused by this comment, should have read it over in my head, didn't mean to come across that way.

heyman11

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

wtf i think you should calm down 1st this is my 1st post how is this possible to open another post show me the other thread that is same like mine please.and then explain to me why this build is poorly balanced. i dont want to buy 1080ti im good with 1070 plus i will not playing 4k games at this momment

heyman11

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

thanks man! do you know when 1070 price will decrease? because of mining 1070 gpu is very expensive.

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador

Won't go out of the way to assume anything because no way to tell although recently the mining demand has slowed down quite a bit. It'll just take some time for stocks to catch up and demand to go down and with any luck you'll be able to find them cheaper then they were before the big mining craze of late. Vega is coming out next week, AFAIK it's not launching with a GTX 1070 competitor, more GTX 1080. But if it's well priced and performs as good as is hoped, it could potentially help push 1070 prices down.

heyman11

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
thanks again mate :) so i will ask you for the last time this build or is too expensive and useless, is okay is it worth?im asking you again because some people here said that is poorly balanced. if you were in my place what you will change?

getting a 1080ti doesn't mean u have to play 4k u know, if u want to max everything on 2k (include effects and stuff), 1070 can handle it but won't give u the best feeling (however, on 60hz it's enough, for games nowdays anyway), a 1080 / ti will be much smoother and will last longer

@Chugalug_ sorry i'm still learning, after all, i just said what i read from other sources, as i don't have money to buy components and test it myself, (a poor PC peasant here :()
i do heard that some people says they experience stutters on i7 when maxing out settings on heavy AAA games

@OP, u said u need us to tell u whether it's balanced or not, well if we said it isn't we would have to include some suggestions too u know (with me saying u should get a ryzen and Chugalug_ sayin u could've gotten a 1080ti instead)

spec wise, yes it's good (i never said it's bad build), price wise? might be a different case

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador

Depends, i'd change some things to suit my own uses and preferences but overall i agree with Ninja, it's not a bad build. The parts will serve your purpose well and judging from the RAM, Case and Cooler choices it will look very nice aesthetically. The only things i'd consider changing if i was building a similar PC would be a Ryzen 1700 (for the reasons stated in my first comment, future-proofing and pretty much identical Gaming performance since you're playing at 60 Hz, even a Ryzen 1600 wouldn't be a bad pick at all). Other than that perhaps a larger HDD but that's just because i would personally need more i'm not sure how much you need. For today i agree a 1-2TB would be a better investment to give you more space since a lot of modern games are pushing 50+GB alone but it depends what you play really. If you're more into some competitive games like Dota, PUBG, CS:GO, etc. You'll probably be fine with what you have unless you have quite the extensive game library full of large games like Witcher 3, ARK, GTA V, etc which are very large games that'll fill up your 500GB HDD pretty quickly. Happy to help :)

Solution

heyman11

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

thanks mate. i will stick with intel tho no matter what;p i dont know why maybe because im planing this build a while a ago with this specs probably later than this build my next build if it worth i will go with red team ;p ps if i go with 1080ti the price will increase as well so i think im ok with 1070

heyman11

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

i didnt said i will not buy later another hhd for games .. i couldn't play games for many years (intel core2duo ftw;p) so i have to catch up i will try play everything;p

If you're running 60htz 1080p now & are going 2k (1440p) in the near future then you would honestly end up with better results with the ryzen 1600 & stock cooler paired with a 1080.

Overall dropping the aio & changing the CPU to the ryzen will net you that 1080 for the same total budget (likely less)

At 1440p a ryzen + 1080 will just cream an i7+1070 & will offer a longer term investment hardware wise IMO

If youre still insistent on the i7 them yes that's a solid build with good quality parts (apart from maybe the 500gb secondary storage - that will be full with 6 or 7 of the current AAA titles available )

Edit - I didn't read the thread fully, I see CRO5513Y has already said virtually the same - we're on totally the same wavelength there.

heyman11

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017

okay thanks for the tips:)

Sorry, I was posting late at night, I didn't intend to come across as aggressive, apologies.
I'd previously seen another user make two threads with a very similar list and the exact same budget, I couldn't find the same thread and wasn't thinking straight.
Sorry.
My main gripes are the small HDD which will fill up fast, and the cooler which is somewhat overpriced, as that cash can be diverted into a 1080 and a beefy air cooler, that's all.

Edit: Sorry guys, i'm trying to work on improving my manner and actions in regards to posting and tone, if you could shoot my any criticism at all that you have, shoot me a PM, don't hold back! I want to be as helpful as possible without accidentally starting hostilities. Apologies again.