Question New PC build - Mobo won't start...

tonyraeros

Prominent
Jun 10, 2018
Hi All,

I have read through a few threads on the same issue but I can't seem to see a response that works.

I bought an 9700k, a new mobo which is an ASUS ROG Maximus IX Apex . Radeon 5700xt, two SATA drives and a PSU is a Cx600. I thought i had built it fine but the lights come on the mobo, the red start, reset button are red and the back lights are flashing the various gaming colors. There is a little orange light by the BIOS reset switch. I took the GPU you, took the ram in and out, removed the dimm.2 and nothing, still doesn't work. Any ideas? Should I be connecting a second power cable to the MOBO as well as the big one? The ATX CPU power is also in there so no idea whats going on.

tonyraeros

Prominent
Jun 10, 2018
Thanks for your help. I cannot believe I didn't check that in hindsight, what a bad error. The first problem was the case they sent me wouldn't fit any GPU's. I had to run to bestbuy today to get a second case and return the other to Amazon, and now this. I have that mobo I just ordered, 9700k CPU, 32 gig HyperX 3200 RAM, radeon 5700xt, I am hoping its a ncie upgrade once I finally get it all working.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

tonyraeros

Prominent
Jun 10, 2018
So new Mobo, New PSU and pretty much the same shit. Plug in the PSU, spend forever putting it all together and the mobo lights come on, I hit the Power Switch and nothing, Zip. Don't see any warning lights or anything.

tonyraeros

Prominent
Jun 10, 2018
Is it possible I damaged the CPU trying to start it in the other mobo? This is a night,are.All the connections are where they should be, moved the ram in two different slots.