[SOLVED] New PC build no boot screen

Jan 28, 2019
Hi,

So I'm in the process of trying to do my first PC build and am having a bit of trouble getting any video. (no BIOS or anything on the screen.)

My parts set up is:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
MoBo: MSI - B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB SC GAMING Video Card
SSD: Crucial: MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
HD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Case: NZXT - H500i (white)

So I've tried putting everything together and It all looks to turn on (PSU fan spinning, CPU fan spins, GPU fan starts up. All the lights on the MoBo seem to be on along with the lights from the RAM. At this point there are no boot codes and no indication as to anything being wrong on the MoBo but there is no Video on the monitor (I've tested the monitor with another device I own and it works). At this point I've tried connecting the monitor to the DVI and HDMI inputs on both the GPU and MoBo but both don't get anything on the screen. (I've done this both in and out of the case with pretty much all but the HD connected).

From there I've tried breadboarding the system and going through a troubleshooting guide ( http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1893016/post-system-boot-video-output-troubleshooting-checklist.html ) but I'm at a bit of a loss on what is actually going wrong or causing the issue.

At the first instance with just the CPU and PSU I'm getting the beep codes for the RAM not being there. So that seems to be recognising that as an issue.

When I take it back to just the CPU, PSU and RAM (single and double stick) the fans are spinning and the RAM is lighting up, no beep codes from the MoBo and none of the EZ debug lights kick off but theres no video through the integrated graphics.

CPU, PSU, RAM and GPU gives me the same lack of video but no video again.

I've also tried having both CPU_PWR1 and CPU_PWR2 connected. The system seems to start up (fans and lights) with either both or just CPU_PWR1.

The only comment or thing I notices on the GPU is that it starts to spin when the power starts but it stops spinning shortly after that. I did read somewhere that some GPUs can have smart systems that only use the fan when needed but don't know if that applies here.

I have tried resetting the BIOS through the pins suggested in the MoBo Manual (JBAT1) but it doesn't make a difference.

At this point I'm kind of at a loss.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm kind of at wits end as to if it's the GPU, PSU or MoBo.

With everything lighting up is it safe to say the CPU, MoBo and RAM are good to go?

Cheers.

Jan 28, 2019

Hi,

I've just tried it and when the Graphics card is removed I don't get any beeps.

Jan 28, 2019

I think so, I'm pushing it in until it clicks and it's in the 2nd channel channel as suggested by the MoBo Manual. I've also tried both of my RAM individually and as a pair (in both 2nd and 1st channels). Both the RAMs RGB sections are working as well once it powers up. When I have them in I don't get any beeps.

Jan 28, 2019

I'll have to order some but will report as soon as it arrives and I have a chance to test it.

Thanks for all the help so far.

May 9, 2020
I’m having the same problem. CPU fan, GPU fan, and case fans spin up. Case lights come on. No beeps, no bios, no video. No ezdebug lights.

MSI 570x a-pro
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Corsair Vengence ddr4 2400 2x16gb
EVGA gtx 1050 sc
Samsung m.2 ssd 500gb
EVGA 700B 700w psu

I’ve taken everything apart and put it back together. CPU is seared with no bent pins. Swapped out monitors and cables Nothing. I’m at a loss. Bad MoBo? Changed and redid ram in all combinations in slot a2 &b2. Any suggestions?