Question New PC Build Not Posting

Apr 30, 2024
Just finishing my 2nd ever PC build. 1st one i had minimal issues, but this time on first boot i am getting nothing to the monitor.

So far I have tried downloading latest motherboard BIOS and using the QFlash on the motherboard (not sure if this has been completed succesfully), but it hasn't made any difference.

Corsair 4000d Airflow
Corsair H100 AIO + 3 other Corsair case fans
Corsair RM650 80 Plus Gold
Gigabyte B550M AUROS Elite (rev 1.3)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2
Crucial Pro DDR4 64GB Kit
ASUS PCE-AX58BT Wi-fi 6 PCIe Adapter

Other things i've had to add:
Cable Matter 1->5 fan header splitter
Rocketek 1->2 USB header splitter

I've double checked everything is plugged in firmly and all parts are new
Not planning on getting a dedicated GPU as this is just a build for my parents who won't need any significant graphics capabilities.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Apr 30, 2024
Or you could return the cpu and get a ryzen 5 4500g, 5600g or 5700g.
Yeah it's possible. I've now taken the PC 2 hours drive away from their place (where i left the CPU box) to try and finish off the build. So that would be a major ballache to do. Probably just going to take the hit and pick up the 1660 super 2nd hand for a bit over £100. In hindsight, this would absolutely have purchased the 5600g. Didn't really think it through at the time as for my first build i went all-out for the best kit including GPU

Reactions: ohio_buckeye

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Do your parents actually want flashy LEDs? Not sure that is a negative.

The "G" series Ryzens are actually pretty good. That is a keeper for lessons learned in the future, when you have minimal GPU needs.

Integrated vs. stand-alone wifi can be a toss up. Except if your on-board device dies. From a usability perspective, it makes little (to no) difference.

Other than missing the GPU, you actually did okay.