[SOLVED] New PC build, PC wont turn on, but it does after 3-4 powerups.

Emmmm

Honorable
Jul 16, 2015
Hi i got a new PC build a few weeks ago, when i try to power it up there is just black screen. After 3-4 tries the PC starts up, shows bios and works great for 10-12 hours sessions. After then the next day same process, sometimes it starts from the 1st go somedays it takes up to 3 powerups. During those powerups there is just black screen and no bios options, you can hear everything working fine.

Build specs:
GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG Strix OC 11GB
CPU:Intel Core i5 9600K Hexa Core LGA 1151 3.70GHz Unlocked
PSU:Corsair HX-750i ATX 80+ Platinum Modular
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA LGA 1151 ATX
RAM: - Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz Memory
Cooling: ASUS ROG Strix LC 360 AiO Liquid CPU Cooler
SSD Windows: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe 1.3 M.2 (2280) 3D V-NAND SSD
Additional storage: Samsung 860 Evo 2TB 2.5" SATA III 6GB/s V-NAND SSD
Windows 10 64bit

Solution
BIOS boot order is set to the boot drive?

The ATX_12V_2X4 8pin power connector is plugged in completely?

reset the BIOS by jumper

In which slots did you install the RAM? Dimm slots A2 and B2 would be recommended

SSD firmware is up to date? Use Samsung Magician to check and if available, update the SSD
In which M.2 slot did you install the 970?

In which SATA port is the 860EVO plugged in?

Did you install windows freshly?

Update the BIOS of the motherboard to the latest version: F10b
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

reset the BIOS by jumper

In which slots did you install the RAM? Dimm slots A2 and B2 would be recommended

SSD firmware is up to date? Use Samsung Magician to check and if available, update the SSD

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Solution

Emmmm

Honorable
Jul 16, 2015
BIOS boot order is set to the boot drive? by that did you mean the Windows ?

The ATX_12V_2X4 8pin power connector is plugged in completely? Completely plugged

reset the BIOS by jumper! Havent done that

In which slots did you install the RAM? Dimm slots A2 and B2 would be recommended ! A1B1 because i thought my motherboard supports it regardless of the channel. still runs in dual.

In which M.2 slot did you install the 970? First slot

In which SATA port is the 860EVO plugged in? first one

Did you install windows freshly? Fresh winddows up to date.

Also ive noticed that this problem is described in the last version of my bios, And mine is 2 versions behind. Also i cant open it so i have to use flash memory and do it on boot or however they do it.

Much appreciated!!

Emmmm

Honorable
Jul 16, 2015

reset the BIOS by jumper

Fixed it it was the bios, so after updating the bios it gave me error that some of the configuration is not right, so i went into the settings and set all my CPU , Ram , voltages to AUTO, and that fixed everything. My PC starts up from first try quick, and yeah everything seems fine. Thank you so much for the quick response!! I really appreciate it.

Reactions: helpstar

Emmmm

Honorable
Jul 16, 2015

reset the BIOS by jumper

Another thing that i find weird is my ethernet cable network. After my PC starts which is about 5 seconds it takes about 15-20 seconds for my ethernet network to start, my wifi is working on startup but my ethernet takes a little longer.

TRENDING THREADS