Question New PC Build Problems

Jul 15, 2021
Hi, so imma try and make this as short as possible but a lot has happened!

Brought new PC components Tuesday (CPU, Motherboard, GPU & CPU Cooler).
Reusing my RAM & Powersupply. Powersupply was purchased in 14th November 2019 & RAM was purchased on 21st October 2019. They’ve been used pretty much daily since then.

Put everything together & got a POST error. Figured out that the BIOS needed to be flashed, so i took everything apart, all that was left was the Motherboard with the 12pin power cable. Used QFlash+ feature on the Motherboard to update BIOS, seemed to work fine.

Put everything back together & encountered possibly the longest POST of my life. Took about 10-20 minutes to get into BIOS. Once in BIOS, checked that it was reading all my hardware correctly and everything seemed fine, even the BIOS version was displaying as the version i had just installed. Saved and exited out of BIOS to go back to the long long POST (I’m assuming that’s what it is as it cycled through checking CPU & DIMM for another 10-20 minutes). Eventually, i get to Windows, Task Manager can see all the hardware just fine, and before i have time to open any other application, PC shuts down without warning. All lights on the Motherboard are off for about 10 seconds and then light up again. If i try starting the PC back up after this, the Motherboard throws up a DIMM error and won’t do anything.

I’ve tried two different GPUs, tried all sticks of RAM individually. No matter what i try, i get the long POST times, CPU/DIMM errors and random shutdowns.

Gigabyte support advised me to pull out my Boot drive, remove CMOS battery and leave the PC disconnected from power for 2 minutes (I left it half an hour and had a nap), & then load recommended settings. Come back from my nap and turn the PC on to get into BIOS after waiting ages, to do just that. Reconnected everything and tried to Boot. Nada. Back to the same issue as the start, long POST times, shutting down roughly 2 minutes after i get to Windows.

I can’t figure out if it’s RAM/CPU/Motherboard/PSU problems.

Gigabyte/Aorus support are incredibly slow to respond, so hoping there’s a wizard on here who can assist.

Sorry for the long read, any input is greatly appreciate.

Edit: Part List
CPU: 5900x
GPU: MSI SuprimX 3080ti
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x8 3200MHz
MB: Aorus X570 Master
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 T2
2x M.2 SSD’s

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021
Thankfully, there are no bent CPU pins! I’ve seen Linus’ videos, seen how delicate they are & how much of a pain they are to fix.

A reddit user said to RMA the Motherboard. & I’m not sure if I should get a new PSU.

What would you advise?

Jul 15, 2021
Did you do a fresh install of Windows?

Remove your drives and see if you can boot into BIOS.
I haven’t done a fresh install of Windows as the drives work just fine when in an Intel based system.
Removing all the drives still results in the same cycling of the status LEDs for 10 minutes, which it will then eventually let me into the BIOS.