[SOLVED] New PC build slowly developing more and more issues...

trainut

Reputable
Oct 15, 2014
My build was working great for just long enough to allow me to install Windows and most of my programs/games. Then it started shutting off randomly while downloading Steam games. Event Viewer lists what is happening as "Event 41 Kernel-Power." I did some troubleshooting, and all the temperatures look good and messing with power profiles does nothing (the CPU is only at about 35% of full wattage under this workload according to Ryzen Master anyway). I then tried limiting Steam's bandwidth to 25MB/s and that appeared to "solve" it, although I would like to be able to use the performance I paid for with my gigabit ethernet and fast NVMe drive. Today I went out and bought a new PSU (Corsair CX650M) to rule out my slightly sketchy older 485W PSU being the issue. No change. Now the computer has developed a new issue: about 5-10 minutes after booting up and loading into windows, the sound output starts to gradually get more and more distorted. At first it's just a few clicks and buzzes, and then after a few minutes it sounds like it needs an exorcism. I reinstalled the Realtek audio drivers from ASRock's page, and nothing. Tried different speakers, different headphones, both the front audio panel and rear ports, nothing. I have the latest BIOS revision, chipset drivers, graphics drivers, and Intel ethernet drivers. Benchmarks and games run fine outside the audio stuff. What the hell.

Build info:

• Ryzen 3600 w/stock cooler
  • ASRock X570M Pro4
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3600 CL18, XMP profile enabled
  • Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC
  • Inland Performance 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (secondary drive)
  • WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200rpm (secondary drive)
  • Corsair CX650M
  • Dell XPS 8300 mATX case for now (yes, the pinouts for everything are compatible)
This is the audio issue about 6 minutes after startup: https://streamable.com/11uxt

...and then about 3 minutes later: https://streamable.com/v8hr3

Any idea where the to even start with troubleshooting at this point?

*EDIT: It just shut down during a game, no download active.

Last edited:
Solution
Pretty sure its an issue with the motherboard, make sure you have the latest drivers, if it persists then replace the motherboard, I've had a lot of issues with x570 mobos too

Sipan9000

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2015
Pretty sure its an issue with the motherboard, make sure you have the latest drivers, if it persists then replace the motherboard, I've had a lot of issues with x570 mobos too

Solution