New PC build, Want some recommendations

Sawlstone

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014
Hi I just finished a new build. Its actually my first build I have done. Its main use is gaming.

Specs:
i5 4670K
Asus Z87-A
8GB Xmbs
Somsun 840 Evo 250GB (Windows 8.1 installed)
1 TB seagate 7200.12
Gigabyte GTX 760
Enermax NAXN 500W

Basically I want to keep my PC as healthly and in as best shape as possible. Not willing to OC it yet as I have much to learn in that area. Can anyone advise me on how to get the most of my system with what programs to install and what to monitor. Thanks

H4X3R

Distinguished
I have made several changes to your suggested build to give you better performance. If you have ANY question on a / several part/s please do not hesitate to ask. I also suggest you get a case, if you do not have one yet. I have not included one, as you haven't as well. As you have not mentioned a price limit / budget for your build i estimated how much it would cost you and picked the parts accordingly.
The improved build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30mnw

Sawlstone

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014

I have just recently built the above and it's running in a bit Fenix outlaw. I used my budget on everything except the ram and psu which were out of another PC so spending more is not an option at the moment;)

I think my OP was regarding benchmarking after reading some more posts. I am hoping to test my system to see if it's running it's best with what I have if that makes sense lol. I just think since is brand new mostly to check it now. Can you help me with that?